Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
do you shop at thrift stores?
by Anonymous
October 8, 2012 at 2:44 PM

I went today and got my boys some nice name brand clothes for less than $30. I spent 100$ total (at the buckle & penny's also) and got dh 2 shirts, and a pair of jeans. my oldest 2 pairs of jeans and 3 shirts and my baby a pair of jeans, overalls, sweatpants and a shirt.

I think I got an amazing deal.

eta- my only thrift store buys were a pair of joker brand jeans (with tags) an element shirt (with tags) 2 more longsleeved (old navy) and carters overalls, sweats, and a onsie for baby. It was $23 and some change. 

the rest was brand new but I think it was still a good price for everything.

Replies

• MrsRinehart2010
    October 8, 2012 at 2:51 PM

I do yes I shop there we have clothing from the mall, thrift store, walmart whree ever we find something we like :O)

• jessimicuh
    October 8, 2012 at 2:51 PM
    Yep! Sure do!
  • twicethemomjess
    October 8, 2012 at 2:52 PM
    we do. and garage sales.
  • mrs.hummus
    October 8, 2012 at 2:53 PM
    Rarely
  • LucyHarper
    October 8, 2012 at 2:54 PM

Yes, you can find a lot of good stuff in there for a very cheap price. Took my siblings (I'm their guardian), my son, and my husbands goddaughter last weekend, for $5 we got a cork board for my brothers wall, a book for each one of the kids (so five books), a bookbag for my sister, a Christmas ornament, a toy car for my son, and a stuffed bear and scarf/earmuff set for my husbands goddaughter.

• flcowgrl23
    October 8, 2012 at 2:54 PM
    Hell yeah. I got dd really nice levi jeans for $1 each!
  • Mrswalker2012
    October 8, 2012 at 2:55 PM
    Haven't found anything I liked but I do go occasionally.
  • SuperPickle
    October 8, 2012 at 2:55 PM

I love thrift stores. I have found some killer deals on lots of things. I try to hit Goodwill at least 1-2 x a week.

Today I went to one that wanted $15 for a used DOG DISH!! That was ridiculous, I doubt I will go back to that one anytime soon.

• Kool_Aide
    October 8, 2012 at 2:56 PM

Yup I do. Often. I love going to these places. 

We have the means to buy expensive brands but I can't justify this cost when my kids are constantly growing out of everything so fast. And, I also like the hunting and bargain to all of it. It's fun. We occasionally buy Old Navy, Gap, Children's place and OshKosh (just because there are new things out that I don't want to wait for) but for the most part, I can get some serious play clothes at these places.

• nikabear
    October 8, 2012 at 2:56 PM
    Yes I go to the thrift to buy vhs tapes for the kids!!!

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN