Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Regina_Falange
I was mildly offended by this balloon
October 8, 2012 at 12:55 PM

We went to the fair last night, and the kids were getting stickers and balloons from all the vendors. Well i didn't pay attention, I was just trying to wrangle my way through the place without losing a kid or a hand. lol So when we got outside I noticed that the balloon had a smiley face, cool. Then I read it... and this is what it said:

I just stared at it with my mouth open for a few minutes. lol. I am very pro-choice..... and this for some reason rubbed me the wrong way. Usually I am THE most happy go lucky, live and let live person. Is it just me or is it borderline rude?

Replies

• Nicky2911
    October 9, 2012 at 4:20 AM

Yea I wouldn't like a balloon that shoved the abortion issue in my child's face... especially that way. The vendor should have known not to hand it to kids.

Quoting vixen42:

they should choose a adult way to get their point across not a balloon for little kids

• AccidentalAdult
    October 9, 2012 at 4:23 AM

Wtf. Was this a church fair? Good grief.

• Anonymous 59
    by Anonymous 59
    October 9, 2012 at 4:52 AM

Quoting Ireallydontcare:

Fucking seriously? You are so hell bent on keeping your right to kill that you find a balloon rude? LMAO

Yea, no kidding!

• shimmifairy
    October 9, 2012 at 7:08 AM

I must admit I am a little...because of the venue - a fair - and because of the intended audiance - children....

Children have a right to innocence....they have the right to live in a good, safe world for as long as they can....because once that innocence is gone, you can't have it back....

Please understand that by innocence I don't mean total ignorance...there is a big difference between teaching your 6 yr old about stranger danger and war,politics,abortion,serial killers etc....things that are more "grown up worries - I hope that makes sense, my coffee hasn't kicked all the way in yet...

• alwayskk
    October 9, 2012 at 7:10 AM

The avenues that pro lifers choose to express their cause pretty much disgust me all around. This is tame compared to what I've seen.

• malissaL
    October 9, 2012 at 7:13 AM

I agree that it's mildly annoying, but really...kids don't give a shit what balloons say. Forms of advertisment. I've seen balloons with Law office information printed on them. What kid needs that? They don't care.

• JDmommyJD
    October 9, 2012 at 7:20 AM

So basically the crazy pro-lifers new scheme is to slowly brainwash children from a young age.. How many children will read that and say OMG...If mom would of aborted I wouldn't be here..omgg omg omg..so scary.....Women should not be aloud to do that!

And there you have it. A whole new generation of pro-lifers emerge from the fair.

sneaky little bastards. I too would have been a little P.O'd...

• MamatoKy
    October 9, 2012 at 7:20 AM
    That's funny lol
  • JDmommyJD
    October 9, 2012 at 7:24 AM

Agreed. My kids know to be aware, but their true worries are if jai's mom doesnt let him come out in play - do we knock on jaydens door or sydneys? I dont want them scared yet. I dont want them to have "a worry in the world"...The short window in which we are able to feel so innocent and free goes by so fast.....

Quoting shimmifairy:

I must admit I am a little...because of the venue - a fair - and because of the intended audiance - children....

Children have a right to innocence....they have the right to live in a good, safe world for as long as they can....because once that innocence is gone, you can't have it back....

Please understand that by innocence I don't mean total ignorance...there is a big difference between teaching your 6 yr old about stranger danger and war,politics,abortion,serial killers etc....things that are more "grown up worries - I hope that makes sense, my coffee hasn't kicked all the way in yet...

• QueenBof6
    October 9, 2012 at 8:58 AM
    The balloon was inappropriate to give to a child.

Imagine a balloon that said be happy your mom didnt swallow or something along those lines.

It's not the message itself that's shitty it's the delivery. Children should not be targeted by pro life or choice anything at all ever, to carry around their message.

Quoting Ireallydontcare:

Fucking seriously? You are so hell bent on keeping your right to kill that you find a balloon rude? LMAO

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts