Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
We committed a crime....
by Anonymous
October 8, 2012 at 12:39 PM

& didnt know it, we had dish network & had it automatically drafted so we could get free HD, well one day they decided to take $286 out of my account!! With out warning, we didnt owe them that, we had just paid a bill! Well we got it back just for them to take it back. By this time we had racked up some overdraft fees well after a couple of days we got the $286 back in the bank & paid the fees (against me not wanting to) & closed the account & canceled our dish network. Well they tried to put the cancellation fee through the bank only to find it was closed, HA! Well today I find out its illegal to do so..... :/ lol ooooppss......

Replies

• kissmiss213
    October 8, 2012 at 12:41 PM

well, if they didnt take money whenever they damn well felt like it you wouldnt have had to close tha account... they will probably send you a bill tho, and then to collections if you dont pay it.

• MamaJess9
    October 8, 2012 at 12:42 PM
    Oh well. I would have done the same. I don't think they should be able to charge you cancellation fees when you have legit, good reasons for canceling. They broke the contract by taking money they weren't authorized to take.
  • Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    October 8, 2012 at 12:42 PM

what ever   yawn!

• Destiny907
    October 8, 2012 at 12:51 PM

I just learned you can dispute the contract with Dish since THEY broke contract with us, by dropping all the AMC networks.. which WAS part of our package when we signed on.  And indeed, in our case, IFC movie channel was one of my desired channels, and a reason I had chosen the package!! I am still bummed, hoping they get it all back.

But google around and see if you have some rights about cancelling.

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    October 8, 2012 at 1:17 PM

sry i bore you with my no drama post... :/

Quoting Anonymous:

what ever   yawn!

• Anonymous 1
    October 8, 2012 at 1:19 PM

exactly!!! They did & it has gone to collection.... I disputed it on my credit profile so it doesnt affect that.

Quoting kissmiss213:

well, if they didnt take money whenever they damn well felt like it you wouldnt have had to close tha account... they will probably send you a bill tho, and then to collections if you dont pay it.

• IntactivistMama
    October 8, 2012 at 1:20 PM

You committed a spelling crime in your title. :P

• Anonymous 1
    October 8, 2012 at 1:21 PM

I got tired of arguing with them so I just left it alone...

Quoting MamaJess9:

Oh well. I would have done the same. I don't think they should be able to charge you cancellation fees when you have legit, good reasons for canceling. They broke the contract by taking money they weren't authorized to take.

• mstkn.identity
    October 8, 2012 at 1:21 PM
    Ooops. Owell.
  • Anonymous 1
    October 8, 2012 at 1:22 PM

lol i was doing it in a hurry 

Quoting IntactivistMama:

You committed a spelling crime in your title. :P

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts