Mom Confessions

Anonymous
have you ever noticed
by Anonymous
October 8, 2012 at 11:26 AM

that the moms who seem to have it all figured out, or at least claim they do, are the ones who have like, oh, one child...and that one child is still a toddler.
These are the moms who post about how they know how the way they do it is the right way. They've figured that out in the 3 years they've been a parent, because their 3 year old bestowed their wisdom on them, or because their 4 year old is doing so well in preschool, ect.

The moms who know how you should discipline your child, feed your child, sleep with/without, hold/not hold, ect your children, are the ones who have one toddler. But they've figured it all out.

These are the moms I want to talk to in 5 years, when they have child number two. The one that doesn't stop when told to stop. That doesn't repsond to the discipline that worked so well with child #1. The kids taht throw fits in the middle of the store, while the sweet oldest child stands there, still being a great child.

The thing is, those of us moms with more than one child are the ones who can admit that we don't have all the answers. Because we've learned something new with each new child that we didn't know before. We realize with each new child that the "right" way, was only the "right"way for that first child. Maybe we don't know it all.

I'm not saying that every mom with one child is a know-it-all, so before you start bitching, don't. I'm just sayng that a lot of mothers who get on here and tell you how to raise your child, or tell you how she knows spanking is wrong "because", are the moms of one. They've had all of 3 or 4 years of experience with one child, yet they know everything.

Come back after 2 more, then tell me what you know!! :-)

ps. This is all done in fun! not attacking anyone

Replies

• paknari
    by paknari
    October 8, 2012 at 11:42 AM
    My second is due in March. I'm terrified because my dd is so awesome! I have been very lucky!
  • Ginger0104
    October 8, 2012 at 11:43 AM

The best moms are the ones pregnant with their first child, lol.  When you still think you can learn parenting out of a book and you'll never screw up.

• funny_girl3
    October 8, 2012 at 11:43 AM

Ugh!  My brothers in law love to give parenting advice...they are both single with no kids. 

Quoting MJNMADDYSMOMMY:

No Mom ever has it all figured out ever! Lol

My pet peve is wwhen people who don't have any children at all criticize your parenting!

• kailalaila
    October 8, 2012 at 11:45 AM

well guess what? your not going to get a rise out me for your reply. this is not a bashing post so plz go find someone else to spew your stupidity on. and fyi my last baby was conceived while on the depo shot.

Quoting Anonymous:

Apparently Birth Control... was not one those things you learn... 9 kids and counting? ?

Quoting kailalaila:

I have 5 kids and with my first one I thought I knew it all.. and then I had 4 more then realized I had alot to learn. I think that no matter how many you have you always learn something new.

• auntietotty
    October 8, 2012 at 11:46 AM

Hell, my kids are 25 and 27...and there's still things I wish I could do over/differently if I could!

• bcoll
    by bcoll
    October 8, 2012 at 11:47 AM

She didn't say nine in the first place, and if she had why would it matter to you what she and her husband thought was a good size for their family?

Quoting Anonymous:

Apparently Birth Control... was not one those things you learn... 9 kids and counting? ?

Quoting kailalaila:

I have 5 kids and with my first one I thought I knew it all.. and then I had 4 more then realized I had alot to learn. I think that no matter how many you have you always learn something new.

• MichelleSw
    October 8, 2012 at 11:48 AM

Quoting owl0210:

I have a two year old and that's enough for me lol. I don't know if I'll ever get this thing called parenting. Potty training is coming up and it frightens me to say the least.

I can only speak for myself but potty training was a nightmare for me :( SO GLAD I'm done with that!

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    October 8, 2012 at 11:57 AM

I don't see anything wrong with a mother offering advice on what worked for their child. I've received awesome advice from mothers of only one child and from mothers with 3 kids. I couldn't care less how many kids a parent has.

I must say, that I find this post to be funny. LOL
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    October 8, 2012 at 12:03 PM

oh I find nothing wrong with a parent of one offering advice one what they've found works for them in a certain situation. I just find it funny when moms of one toddler seem to knwo all the answers. And again, it isn't every mom of one. I knew this lady one time who, omg, I wanted to bitch slap everytime she opened her mouth. She had one 2 year old, and she finished a semested of nursing school, so, god forbid you say anything about parenting or anything medical, because SHE KNEW ALL THE ANSWERS!! So annoying.

but hey, what can you do? Except wait till they have another, then laugh when you see them again! lol!!

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't see anything wrong with a mother offering advice on what worked for their child. I've received awesome advice from mothers of only one child and from mothers with 3 kids. I couldn't care less how many kids a parent has.

I must say, that I find this post to be funny. LOL

• kryptomom
    October 8, 2012 at 12:06 PM

Totally agree.  Also, come back when the sweet little angel is a teenager sneaking out of the house in the middle of the night.

Mom Confessions