Mom Confessions

xomrs.chase
how would you feel if.... *pic pg 20*pg27* UPDATE
October 8, 2012 at 6:13 AM
Someone brought a home made gift to your child's birthday party?

We're broke. Our bills are paid, but atm we have nothing for little extras. So, what can I do for the back to back parties this weekend??

I decided to crochet them hats. Both girls are turning 1. I already have the supplies....

I feel bad though... :-/ like they might think I'm cheap or something. One mom won't care- we are good friends and she knows money is tight.. the other? We barely know each other- but our kids get along well. Both moms are in a different tax bracket (to put it simply)

So, would you find it tacky?

*update*
Both moms loved the hats! Thank you ladies for building my confidence on the matter. Because of the overwhelming support, I am now setting up a shop!! Thank you!! ♥

Replies

• Katrina316
    October 8, 2012 at 9:30 AM
    I would love it. It's very thoughtful and you took time to make it. Better than a gift card.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    October 8, 2012 at 9:32 AM

I would think it was a very sweet gift. Even if you brought my child a homemade stick puppet I would be thankful that you got them something.

• KristaElizabeth
    October 8, 2012 at 9:36 AM
    DS godmother hand makes everything and we love it. Shows sentimental value and that you took the time to do the craft and make the gift.
  • Itzy0ll0tl
    October 8, 2012 at 9:37 AM

i would appreciate it MORE than a bough gift :)

• fallnangel3
    October 8, 2012 at 9:39 AM
    I get TONS of orders for hats! I'm sure they'll love them
  • megan71108
    October 8, 2012 at 9:40 AM
    Homemade gifts are sooooo much better..it shows you put thought and time into it
  • Roxygurl
    October 8, 2012 at 9:40 AM

These are the hats and scarf my Memaw made for Girly. She loves the top two the most.
  • Roxygurl
    October 8, 2012 at 9:41 AM

These are the hats my grandmother made for monkey. He loves the monkey hat and it looks more adorable on him than in the pic but I don't post pics of the kids.
  • MeghanPerez
    October 8, 2012 at 9:44 AM
    I adore gifts that people make. A lady who works in my dads office made a beautiful quilt for dd when she was born. She embroidered her name and birthdate on it. It is something I will keep forever. To me, things that are bought don't really have as much thought put into them.
  • graciesnycmama
    October 8, 2012 at 9:45 AM
    Are you kidding? Any homemade gifts we get are loved the best. Time and love went into them.

Mom Confessions