Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
xomrs.chase
how would you feel if.... *pic pg 20*pg27* UPDATE
October 8, 2012 at 6:13 AM
Someone brought a home made gift to your child's birthday party?

We're broke. Our bills are paid, but atm we have nothing for little extras. So, what can I do for the back to back parties this weekend??

I decided to crochet them hats. Both girls are turning 1. I already have the supplies....

I feel bad though... :-/ like they might think I'm cheap or something. One mom won't care- we are good friends and she knows money is tight.. the other? We barely know each other- but our kids get along well. Both moms are in a different tax bracket (to put it simply)

So, would you find it tacky?

*update*
Both moms loved the hats! Thank you ladies for building my confidence on the matter. Because of the overwhelming support, I am now setting up a shop!! Thank you!! ♥

Replies

• xomrs.chase
    October 8, 2012 at 6:50 AM
    This makes me feel better. Thank you

Quoting LyTe684:

This!

My DH's old co worker crocheted my son a blanket when he was born. To me that was the best gift, because she made it. I never questioned whether it was because she was broke. Never thought of it until I read this post and he is 6y/o. I still have it in my room where the kids can't destroy it. :)

Quoting MommieBre21:

Awe I would love it! I would also appreciate it a lot more from the fact that YOU made it. 

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    October 8, 2012 at 6:51 AM

I would love it!

• Michellina11234
    October 8, 2012 at 6:52 AM

no I think it is a wonderful idea!!!

• lovelove211
    Not at all. I'd think that's sweet
  • xomrs.chase
    Thank you.
    Yeah it does take time. I'm personalizing them too
    1. Her nickname is (name) bear, or little bear- so I'm adding little bear ears and a flower.
    2. Super girly and loves hats/shoes. I'm putting a ribbon/ bow on hers

Quoting charliebean:

Homemade gifts are my favorite. They show the giver actually put time and thought into the gift, and that means a lot.
  • Allie01
    by Allie01
    October 8, 2012 at 6:54 AM

I think especially for a one year old a homemade hat would be adorable. I love homemade gifts though, they mean a lot to me. We have had many Holidays where I have had to make things for people because we were to broke.

• TaralynnStewart
    October 8, 2012 at 6:57 AM
    I would love it! You took the time out and made my child a gift that they would definitely wear this upcoming winter. It's better then some cheap toy that will be thrown in a toy box and never seen again.
  • 3xangel
    by 3xangel
    October 8, 2012 at 6:58 AM

Quoting MommieBre21:

Awe I would love it! I would also appreciate it a lot more from the fact that YOU made it. 

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    October 8, 2012 at 6:58 AM
    If love it to I also don't mind my kids being given used stuff either if its in good shape kids really don't care if the parents care then that's on them not you.
  • SommerRayne06
    October 8, 2012 at 7:00 AM
    If you have the extra time and supplies maybe you can make them each a scarf to match. I think it is a wonderful idea!

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts