Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
xomrs.chase
how would you feel if.... *pic pg 20*pg27* UPDATE
October 8, 2012 at 6:13 AM
Someone brought a home made gift to your child's birthday party?

We're broke. Our bills are paid, but atm we have nothing for little extras. So, what can I do for the back to back parties this weekend??

I decided to crochet them hats. Both girls are turning 1. I already have the supplies....

I feel bad though... :-/ like they might think I'm cheap or something. One mom won't care- we are good friends and she knows money is tight.. the other? We barely know each other- but our kids get along well. Both moms are in a different tax bracket (to put it simply)

So, would you find it tacky?

*update*
Both moms loved the hats! Thank you ladies for building my confidence on the matter. Because of the overwhelming support, I am now setting up a shop!! Thank you!! ♥

Replies

• xomrs.chase
    October 8, 2012 at 8:00 AM
    Aww that's cute!

Quoting baby_girl8807:

For my daughter's first birthday a close friend's girlfriend made her banner with my dd's name and precious moments characters. I love it. It's been on the wall ever since. I know it took her forever to make and I greatly appreciate how much thought and effort she put into it. :) My dd is now 5.
  • Anonymous 8
    by Anonymous 8
    October 8, 2012 at 8:01 AM

I think homemade gifts are great, if they're worth something. Shitty homemade gifts are best left iin the trash. I think the idea of crocheted hats is wonderful for that age.

• Roxygurl
    October 8, 2012 at 8:04 AM
    No I'd love it. My grandmother knits and chrochets baby booties to hats to toys to clothes and I give those out as presents all the time.

Any time I, or anyone else in the family, go to a baby shower we bring a pair of handmade baby booties and they are always the talk of the party.
  • ermka
    by ermka
    October 8, 2012 at 8:05 AM
    I think it's an awesome idea! Handmade hats are actually a seriously big thing (around here at least) and they're not cheap to purchase. Go for it! I'm sure both moms will love it.
  • lapcounter
    October 8, 2012 at 8:08 AM
    Awesome idea!
  • CadincesMom
    October 8, 2012 at 9:10 AM

I think that home made gifts are better than store bought ones because the person put more thought into the gift

• Dzyre1115
    October 8, 2012 at 9:11 AM

You give what you can, if they are only inviting you to get a gift, are they really worth having a friendship with anyway?

• stellarmom1
    October 8, 2012 at 9:12 AM
    I think it's an awesome idea! I would much rather have a thoughtful, homemade gift! ;)
  • FebPenguins
    October 8, 2012 at 9:13 AM

We have enough plastic made in china crap in our home, thanks very much. Really, great job for staying in your budget (even a no budget)! A great thing to teach your children! And you know as well as I do, they are watching!

• Krystle21
    October 8, 2012 at 9:13 AM
    I think home made gifts have more sentiment and are thoughtful. I say go for it

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts