Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
xomrs.chase
how would you feel if.... *pic pg 20*pg27* UPDATE
October 8, 2012 at 6:13 AM
Someone brought a home made gift to your child's birthday party?

We're broke. Our bills are paid, but atm we have nothing for little extras. So, what can I do for the back to back parties this weekend??

I decided to crochet them hats. Both girls are turning 1. I already have the supplies....

I feel bad though... :-/ like they might think I'm cheap or something. One mom won't care- we are good friends and she knows money is tight.. the other? We barely know each other- but our kids get along well. Both moms are in a different tax bracket (to put it simply)

So, would you find it tacky?

*update*
Both moms loved the hats! Thank you ladies for building my confidence on the matter. Because of the overwhelming support, I am now setting up a shop!! Thank you!! ♥

Replies

• Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4
    October 8, 2012 at 7:00 AM
    If you think about it they'll probably never know you made it unless you tell them.
    The in thing right now is crocheted hats & sweaters. I just ordered four for my son from a lady that makes them locally & there's a three week wait because of all the people ordering them.
    One is a owl & one a monkey & 2 regulars with pompom tops.
    Winters coming so the hats would be more than welcome at my house. And probably any mothers house with a small child.

Have you ever thought of selling some? The shops on pintrest & esty look like they are making big on them right now. Might be a way to make some extra cash?
  • lucky2Beeme
    October 8, 2012 at 7:02 AM

I would love it. Homemade gifts mean more to me than stuff you can buy off the shelf of a store. Homemade means you think enough of me to spend time making me a gift.

• Anonymous 5
    by Anonymous 5
    October 8, 2012 at 7:04 AM
    I wouldn't think it's tacky. I have a friend who always give out cards whatever age my kid is thats how much money is in the card. That is what I do when I am low on money when I go to parties. My son friend just had a birthday I baked her a cake she loved it.
  • jkleinman
    October 8, 2012 at 7:06 AM

Quoting MommieBre21:

Awe I would love it! I would also appreciate it a lot more from the fact that YOU made it. 

• Anonymous 6
    by Anonymous 6

I think it's sweet and remember it's the thought that counts!

• ashbrydio
    I'd love it knowing you made it yourself. If u think the one mom that u barely won't like it then she's a bitch then and doesn't need u to go to her kid's bday party :)

Hope all is well mommy. I think now I'm going to crochet a hat for my unborn son
  • sweetiepye2004
    October 8, 2012 at 7:08 AM
    No, I would find it very thoughtful! And I want to see pictures when you're done!!
  • Anonymous 7
    by Anonymous 7
    October 8, 2012 at 7:10 AM
    I love handmade gifts :)
  • xomrs.chase
    October 8, 2012 at 7:17 AM
    We will see how much I get done today. I have a 10mo old and I'm working on them like crazy because Dh is off today.

Quoting SommerRayne06:

If you have the extra time and supplies maybe you can make them each a scarf to match. I think it is a wonderful idea!
  • xomrs.chase
    October 8, 2012 at 7:19 AM
    Besides lines and doilies this is my first big crochet project. I make little plushies out of felt and sell them- but I agree the hats would do better. Since they're going well, I do plan on selling more :)

Thanks!

Quoting Anonymous:

If you think about it they'll probably never know you made it unless you tell them.

The in thing right now is crocheted hats & sweaters. I just ordered four for my son from a lady that makes them locally & there's a three week wait because of all the people ordering them.

One is a owl & one a monkey & 2 regulars with pompom tops.

Winters coming so the hats would be more than welcome at my house. And probably any mothers house with a small child.

Have you ever thought of selling some? The shops on pintrest & esty look like they are making big on them right now. Might be a way to make some extra cash?

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN