Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
xomrs.chase
how would you feel if.... *pic pg 20*pg27* UPDATE
October 8, 2012 at 6:13 AM
Someone brought a home made gift to your child's birthday party?

We're broke. Our bills are paid, but atm we have nothing for little extras. So, what can I do for the back to back parties this weekend??

I decided to crochet them hats. Both girls are turning 1. I already have the supplies....

I feel bad though... :-/ like they might think I'm cheap or something. One mom won't care- we are good friends and she knows money is tight.. the other? We barely know each other- but our kids get along well. Both moms are in a different tax bracket (to put it simply)

So, would you find it tacky?

*update*
Both moms loved the hats! Thank you ladies for building my confidence on the matter. Because of the overwhelming support, I am now setting up a shop!! Thank you!! ♥

Replies

• MommieBre21
    October 8, 2012 at 6:15 AM

Awe I would love it! I would also appreciate it a lot more from the fact that YOU made it. 

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    October 8, 2012 at 6:19 AM
    No...you do what you can do. If she is offended she is a bitch.
  • Fistandantalus
    October 8, 2012 at 6:20 AM
    Golly, I'd be seriously touched if someone took that kind of time to make my child a present! I would probably keep the item forever .
  • xomrs.chase
    October 8, 2012 at 6:20 AM
    Thank you. That's what I'm hoping for.. it's time consiming lol

I guess I'm just not used to hanging out with people that have an extra zero and a big house lol

Quoting MommieBre21:

Awe I would love it! I would also appreciate it a lot more from the fact that YOU made it. 

• kbornman21
    October 8, 2012 at 6:21 AM
    I think it's better to receive home made gifts because its the thought that counts. Aside from that, they are 1. So they're not really going to care as much as like a 4-6 year old would.
  • xomrs.chase
    October 8, 2012 at 6:21 AM
    Aww that's sweet. Thank you ♥

Quoting Fistandantalus:

Golly, I'd be seriously touched if someone took that kind of time to make my child a present! I would probably keep the item forever .
  • xomrs.chase
    October 8, 2012 at 6:22 AM
    Ya I'm not worried about the kids. Lol one signs 'hat' and points to them every time she sees them. Its adorable.

Quoting kbornman21:

I think it's better to receive home made gifts because its the thought that counts. Aside from that, they are 1. So they're not really going to care as much as like a 4-6 year old would.
  • LyTe684
    by LyTe684
    October 8, 2012 at 6:22 AM
    This!

My DH's old co worker crocheted my son a blanket when he was born. To me that was the best gift, because she made it. I never questioned whether it was because she was broke. Never thought of it until I read this post and he is 6y/o. I still have it in my room where the kids can't destroy it. :)

Quoting MommieBre21:

• charliebean
    October 8, 2012 at 6:24 AM
    Homemade gifts are my favorite. They show the giver actually put time and thought into the gift, and that means a lot.
  • singlemom1208
    October 8, 2012 at 6:24 AM
    I'd love it!

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts