Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Yes...I allowed my 10 year old to.......would you?
by Anonymous
October 7, 2012 at 9:30 PM
My sister is all in a tizzy because I allowed my 10 year old to stay at the church fall festival byhimself and then walk home alone. We went as a family the kids and I but my youngest DD is 4 and she got cold and wanted to go home. This was about 2:45. My DS asked could he stay and just walk home. Its about a half a mile from home so I said ok just be home by 5:00 pm. He had his phone and made it home by 4:50 because he didn't want to be late. Now my sister is telling me I'm crazy and a bad mom. Would you let your son walk home?

Replies

• Sunshinebee0502
    October 7, 2012 at 9:40 PM

I wouldn't personally but I'm  overprotective and very aware of it so no judgement here for your choice just wouldn't do it myself.

• vicki77433
    October 7, 2012 at 9:40 PM

I wouldn't because everyone around here is crazy and I know that CPS would show up at my door.

• Ireallydontcare
    October 7, 2012 at 9:42 PM

No

• mommy_me

No. But that is just me. Im a little over protective. But if you trusted the situation then she can just hush up

• t1gger143
    Yes my neighborhood is safe enough
  • svolkov
    by svolkov
    Absolutely NOT. 10 year old girl just got kidnapped who lives in a really nice neighborhood by one of my good friends. She was walking to the bus stop friday morning :( glad he got home ok
  • Gealach
    by Gealach
    Where we live now, yes
  • 1RedHottMama
    I'm very overprotective. We live in a gated community and my 16 year old son skateboards with his two older friends(one male and one female) and i'll check on them or he checks in about once an hour. My daughter is 19 and either her or her boyfriend check in every time they leave to go somewhere else.(they live together here at my house). Nobody has a choice,mama's paranoid but that's just the way I am and I will always be that way. It's to easy for someone to disappear. No one else has to raise there children that way,just how I raise mine.
  • mommytoeandb
    October 7, 2012 at 9:43 PM

Only with a buddy.  

• TheMrs407
    October 7, 2012 at 9:43 PM
    Depends on the neighborhood and how my DD.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN