Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
What would you do?
by Anonymous
October 7, 2012 at 8:35 PM
So a few months ago a friend of mine and I met for lunch. It came time to pay and she realized she for got her wallet. No problem. I paid. Well then about a month after she calls and asks if I want to meet for lunch...her treat since she forgot her wallet the last time. So we meet for lunch. This time the card is rejected. So again I pay....no big deal.

Well now she wants to go out again.....to a really nice place....she says her treat. But I can't afford to cover her meal again. Especially at this place. I would be cool with just hanging out....or meeting for coffee. But her history isn't great. We don't live in the same city so I oly see her when she comes in.

Replies

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    October 7, 2012 at 8:38 PM
    Bump
  • Anonymous
    October 7, 2012 at 8:41 PM
    No one has advice?
  • AF2011
    by AF2011
    Try to see if you can go somewhere cheaper or you guys are gonna be stuck washing dishes!
  • cassiehmomof3
    Pay just your bill or offer lunch at your house.
  • Anonymous
    October 7, 2012 at 8:42 PM
    Quoting AF2011:

Try to see if you can go somewhere cheaper or you guys are gonna be stuck washing dishes!

I can afford my meal there. Just not hers as well.
  • Anonymous
    October 7, 2012 at 8:43 PM
    Quoting cassiehmomof3:

Pay just your bill or offer lunch at your house.

She is scared to death of my dog. She won't even come in the house.
  • Rach7224
    October 7, 2012 at 8:45 PM
    I would become busy. Appologize and the next time you get together do something that doesnt cost unless you are willing to pay, just in case.
  • Hilary799
    October 7, 2012 at 8:45 PM

Tell her that's too expensive and you can't afford an enitre lunch, but possibly just coffee?

• Anonymous
    October 7, 2012 at 8:47 PM
    Quoting Rach7224:

I would become busy. Appologize and the next time you get together do something that doesnt cost unless you are willing to pay, just in case.

Id like to see her. This is the only issue I have. And how can I be sure both weren't just accidents.
  • MamaRae85
    October 7, 2012 at 8:47 PM

I'd go and eat, but then at the end of the meal, I'd get a "phone call" so I had to rush out, leaving her to foot the bill!

LOL I'M JUST KIDDING! Don't do that! It would be so mean! Honestly, I'd probably just tell her about my concerns.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts