Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
It was YOUR decision. So no CS!
by Anonymous
October 7, 2012 at 1:14 PM
You find out you're pregnant. Talk it over with your SO and he explains that he doesn't want a baby right now. You don't care and decide to keep it. Do you feel that he should still be obligated to pay CS even though it was YOUR final decision to go through with it?

Replies

• PinkieRed
    October 7, 2012 at 1:43 PM
    I agree with this, 100%!

It never ceases to amaze me how many women get pregnant by men who don't want kids, or who they know won't stick around to help them raise the baby, or who are married/in a relationship with another woman, or who are just a one night stand, then act dumbfounded when the guy disappears, and they can't get child support, or they get it, but the guy doesn't want anything to do with the baby. Well, what did they expect?

And the women who deliberately quit taking birth control or lie about using it so they can trap a man with a baby, or so they have another baby, when their partner/husband has flat out said he doesn't want any more kids, disgust me.

Yes, men know that sex leads to pregnancy, but as men cannot get pregnant, the woman has the ultimate responsibility to keep herself from getting pregnant.I have a teenage daughter, and I tell her the same thing. She's not having sex yet, but she knows all about birth control already. I just hope she'll make good choices in her life when it comes to sex and pregnancy, because a whole lot of women apparently don't.

Quoting MyCrazy4InTX:

I swear I want to bang my head on my desk with all the double standards here. If a woman CHOOSES to keep her baby, that should come with the thought that "hmmm...I may not have the dad's support. Maybe I should be sure I can take care of my kid that I'm choosing to have."
  • Momof5kids84
    October 7, 2012 at 1:43 PM
    No, legal documents should be required upon conception. That ends that problem.

If a woman can choose whether or not she wants to be a parent, the man should be given the same choice. If you are going to give one a choice, then you should also give the other the same choice. Plain and simple.

Quoting LittleBirdFly:

the difference here is still that the baby is there. If she did an abortion, the baby is not there.

A man could then also later one lie that he never wanted that child. But she did so there was nothing he could do. Therefor he should not have to pay child support.

Quoting Momof5kids84:

Sure, it does. She could've aborted the baby if she chose even against his will. The man should be given the same choice.

Quoting LittleBirdFly:

of course he has to pay. He was involved with making the baby and only because the mom didnt wanna kill her baby

doesnt give him the right to not pay.

• Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4
    October 7, 2012 at 1:44 PM
    She edited her post! I was not wrong when I posted this dumbass!

Quoting BekkieBoodle:

you're, as in you are? Nope. She used the correct your in this...... You're the one that's wrong.

Quoting Anonymous:

• LuvMyBrennaBean
    October 7, 2012 at 1:45 PM

Well, IMO, if women want all the equality, then they need to start acting as equals. I gave my then boyfriend the option to walk away, free and clear. If he would have, I wouldn't have persued CS. 

Quoting one_on_the_way:

Because he doesn't.  And he knows this.

Not very hard to understand.

Not everything in life is equal and fair.  This is one of those things.  

Women know that if they get pregnant, they can have an abortion.  Men know that if they get a woman pregnant, it is up to her.  No secrets there.  

I don't even see the controversy.  As I said....it sucks to be a guy, and stuff.  You know, they can't go around and have sex with women and just give up responsibility if a pregnancy occurs.  Women can.  Men can't.  Poor guys, I know.

Quoting LuvMyBrennaBean:

Women also have that choice. Why the double standard? Women also have the choice to not have a baby, regardless of what the man might say, so why shouldn't a man have that same option?

Quoting one_on_the_way:

She can have an abortion if she doesn't want any kids, but gets pregnant.  

He can't.

Is this NOT KNOWN to men before they have sex?  Is this some sacred information they only find out about until after they knock a girl up?  

No - they know this.  Men have a choice.  They have a choice to have sex with a girl, or not.

Quoting militarywife09:

Well then so should she.

Quoting Beth3721:

Yes.  It takes two to make a baby.  He should just keep it in his pants if he doesn't want any kids.

• Momof5kids84
    True, or how about waiting until marriage? I know, it's old-fashioned.

Quoting AnjalisMommy07:

I understand what you are saying. That's why it's important to be on the same page before shit like this happens. Know your gf wouldn't have an abortion? Then wear a condom!

Quoting Momof5kids84:

Sure, he did, but a man can't force a woman to become a parent. Therefore, he should be given the same right to choose.

Quoting AnjalisMommy07:

He knew there was a chance of pregnancy when he had sex.

• PinkieRed
    I agree with this, 100%!

It never ceases to amaze me how many women get pregnant by men who don't want kids, or who they know won't stick around to help them raise the baby, or who are married/in a relationship with another woman, or who are just a one night stand, then act dumbfounded when the guy disappears, and they can't get child support, or they get it, but the guy doesn't want anything to do with the baby. Well, what did they expect?

And the women who deliberately quit taking birth control or lie about using it so they can trap a man with a baby, or so they have another baby, when their partner/husband has flat out said he doesn't want any more kids, disgust me.

Yes, men know that sex leads to pregnancy, but as men cannot get pregnant, the woman has the ultimate responsibility to keep herself from getting pregnant. If you (a general "you") aren't on birth control, and the man refuses to use a condom, YOU have the right to say no, and not have sex! If you have sex anyway and you get pregnant, it's your own fault!

I have a teenage daughter, and I tell her the same thing. She's not having sex yet, but she knows all about birth control already. I just hope she'll make good choices in her life when it comes to sex and pregnancy, because a whole lot of women apparently don't.

Quoting MyCrazy4InTX:

I swear I want to bang my head on my desk with all the double standards here. If a woman CHOOSES to keep her baby, that should come with the thought that "hmmm...I may not have the dad's support. Maybe I should be sure I can take care of my kid that I'm choosing to have."
  • misfitdiva

Having sex (even with protection) is like Russian roulette for both parties involved.  Eventually the gun will go off! LOL  Weather he wanted to be a father or not really doesnt matter.  He is one now.  If he didnt want to have that responsibility he should have kept his junk in the trunk.

• conweis
    by conweis
    October 7, 2012 at 1:47 PM
    I think he should have the right to abort his rights in the same time a woman can have an abortion.
  • AnjalisMommy07
    October 7, 2012 at 1:47 PM
    Eh. I sure as hell am not waiting until I get remarried for sex. I'll probably wait 2-3 weeks before I go pounce his ass.

Quoting Momof5kids84:

True, or how about waiting until marriage? I know, it's old-fashioned.

Quoting AnjalisMommy07:

I understand what you are saying. That's why it's important to be on the same page before shit like this happens. Know your gf wouldn't have an abortion? Then wear a condom!

Quoting Momof5kids84:

Sure, he did, but a man can't force a woman to become a parent. Therefore, he should be given the same right to choose.

Quoting AnjalisMommy07:

He knew there was a chance of pregnancy when he had sex.

• Anonymous 17
    by Anonymous 17
    October 7, 2012 at 1:49 PM
    I hope my son remains a virgin forever. O_O

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email