Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
It was YOUR decision. So no CS!
by Anonymous
October 7, 2012 at 1:14 PM
You find out you're pregnant. Talk it over with your SO and he explains that he doesn't want a baby right now. You don't care and decide to keep it. Do you feel that he should still be obligated to pay CS even though it was YOUR final decision to go through with it?

Replies

• nocalmegan
    October 7, 2012 at 2:28 PM

Quoting km1970:

Quoting wkukid:

If you have sex you know pregnancy is a possibility. Everyone involved should have to pay.

• vwd_johnson
    October 7, 2012 at 2:29 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

That's a hard one I mean you have the issue that well he should of used protection, but there are cases where pregnancy can still happen. I think in cases like that there should be a grace period where the guy can say no and terminate his rights and any obligation. Same as if a guy wants the baby but a woman can choose to abort it.
  • Anonymous 23
    by Anonymous 23

Yes, HE should pay. If he didn't want a baby he should have protected himself and not rely on her 100%. Common sense.

• militarywife09
    Well then with that logic abortion should be illegal becuase a woman knows that sex equal babies.

And just becuase 85% of you are dumb this doesn't include rape cases.

Quoting one_on_the_way:

She can have an abortion if she doesn't want any kids, but gets pregnant.  

He can't.

Is this NOT KNOWN to men before they have sex?  Is this some sacred information they only find out about until after they knock a girl up?  

No - they know this.  Men have a choice.  They have a choice to have sex with a girl, or not.

Quoting militarywife09:

Well then so should she.

Quoting Beth3721:

Yes.  It takes two to make a baby.  He should just keep it in his pants if he doesn't want any kids.

• LiliM
    by LiliM
    October 7, 2012 at 2:30 PM
    No. But unfortunately in our family court system,the woman is the only one given the right to make a decision about becoming a parent.

Add one more baby mama in Maury.
  • militarywife09
    Ah ok. I'm sorry.

Quoting Beth3721:

You are right.  I responded with "he" and "his" because this was a post asking about whether the man in the situation should pay.

Quoting militarywife09:

Well then so should she.

Quoting Beth3721:

Yes.  It takes two to make a baby.  He should just keep it in his pants if he doesn't want any kids.

• mali321
    by mali321

Yes,

Even if he didn't want it. He should have wrapped it before hand. Take the chance you play, you pay.

• one_on_the_way

So, your proposal is that men have no responsibiltiy in the situation at all.  You know, just like how women have no responsibility in the situation at all.  is that right?

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

Why is it ok for a woman to be able to write off a child if she doesnt want it but a man cant? If we are going to be fair then they should both either have the same opportunity. No one forces a woman to have an abortion. She is free to give up the baby for adoption.

Quoting one_on_the_way:

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

I think men should have the option to just give up their rights if they dont want the child.

I think if they can do that....they must also go through a procedure on their man parts that carries the risk of possibly never being able to have children again....possible injury to internal organs....possible allergic reaction to medication....increased chance for mental health issues, up to and including suicidal ideation and attempt....cramping....bleeding....etc.  You know, a physical procedure similar to abortion.  And, he should have to walk through a line of picketting people condemning him to hell for his decision.  Hey, we want it to be fair, right?

• manda-nicole010
    October 7, 2012 at 2:31 PM

No, I don't. The woman has the right to terminate but can stick a man with all the responsibility? That isn't fair IMO.

• Anonymous 22
    by Anonymous 22
    October 7, 2012 at 2:31 PM
    How about women and men just dont have sex if they dont want kids? Why is this such a hard concept for the modern age to accept?

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts