Mom Confessions

Anonymous
dh is thinking of cancelling netflix
by Anonymous
October 7, 2012 at 12:11 PM
He said that something has changed with it. When he's home we watch cable or hulu ..I don't think its a bad idea..I rarely watch it anymore either and I haven't returned our DVD in weeks for a new one.

It kind of makes me sad. Like we are parting with a friend. Lmao we've had it for years..like before instant was even thought of.

Oh well.

Replies

• nacholibre
    October 7, 2012 at 12:51 PM

lol Netflix is kinda lame... there's only about 1/4 of their streaming selection that i would even think about watching lol! We keep it only b/c DD's shows are all on there

• LizzieAnnesMom
    October 7, 2012 at 12:53 PM
    I have netflix and hulu. DD loves watching dora and diego on her 3DS.
  • pampire
    by pampire
    October 7, 2012 at 1:01 PM

We love Netflix and use it all the time.  I thought about dumping discs to save money but I like having the option to get more stuff.  When we move we may reconsider.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    October 7, 2012 at 1:08 PM
    Netflix doesn't have any.CBS shows either. CBS refuses to give streaming rights.

NBC shows are on both Netflix and hulu

Quoting lanismommy2010:

Warning about Hulu. If you like shows on I think NBC; NCIS, NCIS LA, Criminal Minds etc. you don't get them on Hulu. That's one of the few reason we kept basic cable.

• .betty.white.
    October 7, 2012 at 1:10 PM
    Breaking bad on Netflix rocks my world right now.
  • lanismommy2010
    October 7, 2012 at 2:46 PM
    Ok so it's CBS that's not on there lol. I can't keep it strait. Point is if you get Hulu thinking you can get rid of cable and still watch all your shows you can't of you watch those.

Quoting Anonymous:

Netflix doesn't have any.CBS shows either. CBS refuses to give streaming rights.

NBC shows are on both Netflix and hulu

Quoting lanismommy2010:

Warning about Hulu. If you like shows on I think NBC; NCIS, NCIS LA, Criminal Minds etc. you don't get them on Hulu. That's one of the few reason we kept basic cable.

• HeathersForever
    October 7, 2012 at 3:59 PM
    Yep college students get half price!

Quoting Anonymous:

Student as a college student?

That's awesome!

Quoting HeathersForever:

Sure do!!! If you are a student, or anyone in the family is you get first year half price if not its 79 for the full year in advance after a month free trial. They have tons of stuff free, and tons and tons of movies and shows to rent or buy at amazingly cheap prices. But if you are a college student like I said sign up with your student email but tell them you want the videos otherwise they will give you a six month free trial of amazon prime which is no free videos just free 2 day shipping.

Quoting Anonymous:

Amazon rents movies out?!

Quoting svolkov:

I prefer amazon prime, get free 2 days shipping, discounts on kindle, free book rentals, and everything netflix has(instant) plus u can rent brand new releases

Mom Confessions