Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
asmalltowngirl
It's stupid to renew marriage vows
October 7, 2012 at 9:18 AM
Juuuuust kidding!

When is an acceptable amount of time to wait after your first wedding for someone to renew their weddings vows? 5 years? 10, 20 years?

Eta: what about if they went to the court house to get married the first time?

Replies

• dancer
    by dancer
    October 7, 2012 at 3:04 PM

It does not matter. It is up to the couple.

• JessicaEOH
    October 7, 2012 at 3:05 PM
    I agree...DH and I just talked about this..I think it's dumb!

Quoting Anonymous:

I think it is stupid. I think it is just a reason for women to say "look at me" and drag their poor pathetic husbands through a second wedding. Marriage vows do not expire. 

• Tink0711
    October 7, 2012 at 3:05 PM
    If df & I get married, we will probably renew every year (I'm Wiccan, & that's traditional).
  • aydensXmommy
    October 7, 2012 at 3:11 PM

We got married at the courthouse... Never got to wear my wedding dress that I loved more than anything. Never got to have the wedding we had both planned to have. Never got to share in that happy day with all of those that we wanted to be there. So we were thinking on either our 5 or 10 year anniversary to go ahead and have that wedding we never had. Both of our kids will be there, and it will be more of a family affair than our courthouse wedding was.

Side note though, some couples renew their vows after facing difficult times... sickness, overcoming a rocky marriage, etc. I personally think as long as they don't do registeries for gifts and whatnot then it's fine, no matter when they decide to do it. That's just tacky to me. 

• daiseymae2
    October 7, 2012 at 3:14 PM

We are renewing ours at 10 years. 4 more years to go.

• AprilJ24
    October 7, 2012 at 3:15 PM
    We renewed ours at 10yrs was going to do it again at 20yrs but I had our son 2 months beforehand so we skipped it. We may do 25.
  • Anonymous 9
    by Anonymous 9
    October 7, 2012 at 3:17 PM

good thing what you think doesn't matter

Quoting JessicaEOH:

I agree...DH and I just talked about this..I think it's dumb!

Quoting Anonymous:

I think it is stupid. I think it is just a reason for women to say "look at me" and drag their poor pathetic husbands through a second wedding. Marriage vows do not expire. 

• alibrezzy154
    October 7, 2012 at 3:18 PM

dh and i want to have one at 10 years. 

• SweetMissJaye
    October 7, 2012 at 3:24 PM

I think people can renew their wedding vows whenever they want, as long as they don't expect more wedding gifts lol  My husband & I got married in May 2011 and we want to renew our vows at five years. We had a corny, bargain wedding where everything went wrong : (The centerpieces were messed up, the tux place messed up all of the groomsmens tuxedos, some decorations got lost, all of the liquor was not distributed during the reception, it's a long list). I didn't get to enjoy my wedding or reception at all. I hate to sound like a complainer. I am extremely happy to have my husband. Next time around I would like something nicer though, and I would like to relax and not stress over how hectic everything is.

• notjstasocermom
    October 7, 2012 at 3:26 PM

i say at least 15 years

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts