Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
MeAndTommyLee
Public Schooling is a form of `Welfare'
October 6, 2012 at 10:30 PM

I don't personally care who qualifies for FS, and I don't know too much about it, either.  I do know that there is a lot of FS haters on this site whom find no good reason for anyone to ever receive any type of assistance. 

It got me thinking..........

Public Schooling is a `freebie' too.  Sure. you can say you pay taxes, but those taxes we pay are apparently going to every `public' program in some way, shape or form. When you opt to send your child to a public school anywhere in this country than I'd say you pretty much gave up your right to bitch about families on PA because your child is receiving a `free education'.   I would think that most people would want more for their children than a public school education.  College is NOT the only form of edu that parents should be required to pony up their dollars for. 

(And, no, my children do not attend public school.)

Replies

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    October 8, 2012 at 1:24 PM

gee,Mitt Romney is on here telling us we are all moochers.Shut up you are ignorant and stupid!

• ElitestJen
    October 8, 2012 at 2:58 PM
    Between my property, federal, and state taxes - I pay 3-4 times that.

Oh, and the cheapest private elementary school here is pushing $7k/yr plus enrollment fees, etc.

Quoting Anonymous:

Does anyone on here pay, on one property, that they live in, $3,000 to $5,000 a year on homeowner's taxes (sorry, rent does not count)?  That is the average price for one year of private school, per child.  I'd say the assistance received on public school tuition definitely counts as a form of government assistance.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    October 8, 2012 at 3:20 PM

Ummm, did I mention federal or state taxes?  Are you having issues with reading comprehension again, sweetie?  I asked about property taxes on the home you live in.  And no, you don't pay 3 or 4 times that anyway.  I call liar.  You talk way too much about how much money you supposedly have to actually have any.  People with money don't talk about it unless they are low class.  So which are you?  Low income or low class?

Quoting ElitestJen:

Between my property, federal, and state taxes - I pay 3-4 times that.

Oh, and the cheapest private elementary school here is pushing $7k/yr plus enrollment fees, etc.

Quoting Anonymous:

Does anyone on here pay, on one property, that they live in, $3,000 to $5,000 a year on homeowner's taxes (sorry, rent does not count)?  That is the average price for one year of private school, per child.  I'd say the assistance received on public school tuition definitely counts as a form of government assistance.

• ElitestJen
    October 8, 2012 at 3:38 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Ummm, did I mention federal or state taxes?  Are you having issues with reading comprehension again, sweetie?  I asked about property taxes on the home you live in.  And no, you don't pay 3 or 4 times that anyway.  I call liar.  You talk way too much about how much money you supposedly have to actually have any.  People with money don't talk about it unless they are low class.  So which are you?  Low income or low class?

Really?  Find one reply where I've stated how much money I have.  Go ahead.  I'll wait.  I've never answered a single post asking what our income is and I've never stated how much money we have.  In fact, I've corrected people when they said we were rich.  LOL  

• Cookie-kisses
    October 8, 2012 at 3:41 PM

It is not free for everyone. 

Quoting MeAndTommyLee:

Public school is free.  All you have to do is walk and register whether you own or rent, does not matter. 

Quoting Dzyre1115:

I don't know about you but there is nothing free about my school tax bill every year, it's 95% of the taxes on my homes!

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    October 8, 2012 at 4:17 PM

Quoting ElitestJen:

Quoting Anonymous:

Really?  Find one reply where I've stated how much money I have.  Go ahead.  I'll wait.  I've never answered a single post asking what our income is and I've never stated how much money we have.  In fact, I've corrected people when they said we were rich.  LOL  

Oh, please.  You pay how much in taxes per year?  What do you think that points to?  Are you really that stupid or do you just think the rest of us are?

How about addressing the first part of my reply or did you forget about it?

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    October 8, 2012 at 4:22 PM
    Someone made this comparison a few months back.. In my town you have to meet income requirements for public preschool. I believe you have to make less than $30,000 a year for your child to attend.. Pretty crappy. Many of my friends hve kids in public and if you want them in sports, choir, cheerleadig, etc you better be rich.

My kids go to private so no worries for me :)
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    October 8, 2012 at 4:24 PM

I pay so much in taxes so others can have free healthcare, FS's, etc. that I cannot pay for private school!

• Misheldonann
    October 8, 2012 at 4:28 PM
    If you live somewhere you have property. No matter where you live, someone pays property taxes.

Quoting Anonymous:

It is if you have no property.

Quoting Mcelly:

Property taxes pay for public school. It's not PA.
  • ElitestJen
    October 8, 2012 at 5:12 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ElitestJen:

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh, please.  You pay how much in taxes per year?  What do you think that points to?  Are you really that stupid or do you just think the rest of us are?

How about addressing the first part of my reply or did you forget about it?

LOL   Since you asked, I think the rest of you are. 

And, do you really think property taxes are the only funds to education?  See?  I told you it wasn't me that was stupid. 

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts