Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
To the people who spend $1000 on food every month.....
by Anonymous
October 6, 2012 at 2:52 PM
What in the world do you buy?!?! I absolutely HATE grocery shopping, so when I went out today I tried to buy enough to last us 3 weeks or so. Obviously I'm going to have to buy things like milk and produce before then, but I still spent less than $200 AND even bought snack stuff that we don't normally buy. I feel like I'd have to be eating steak and lobster every day to spend that much haha!

Replies

• kde216
    by kde216
    October 6, 2012 at 2:54 PM
    We spend 600/month. That includes cleaning supplies and all other miscellaneous household items plus groceries.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    October 6, 2012 at 2:55 PM
    Lol!
    Quoting Anonymous:

What in the world do you buy?!?!

• lilbit04
    October 6, 2012 at 2:56 PM
    I think it depends on the family size....we spend about 400 a month sometimes more...I have 3 boys that can eat.
  • LyTe684
    by LyTe684
    This., lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol!

Quoting Anonymous:

What in the world do you buy?!?!

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    I spend 400+ but I have to buy soy milk for my dd and fruit which is expensive
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    October 6, 2012 at 2:58 PM
    We spend about 800-900 a month. We are a family of 6. We dont eat a lot of steak and lobster, but we do on occassion.

I think our biggest cost is fresh produce.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    October 6, 2012 at 2:58 PM
    $400 is really good for a family with 3 boys though!

Quoting lilbit04:

I think it depends on the family size....we spend about 400 a month sometimes more...I have 3 boys that can eat.

• Candi_gal
    October 6, 2012 at 2:59 PM
    What are you buying?
    I don't spend 1000 a month if groceries but I spend a pretty penny.
    I buy lots of fresh veggies, baking items, stock up on meat if on sale.
    Yes I buy some nice cheeses.
    I buy a lot of ingredients to make snack items and dips too
  • BethanyJ
    October 6, 2012 at 3:01 PM

Well, I have four children to feed plus myself and my husband....so we easily spend up to $900/month.  Could we cut that down? Absolutely.   And we are trying to.  

• ramita
    by ramita
    October 6, 2012 at 3:01 PM
    We spend 700-800, but that also includes non-grocery items like cleaning supplies, diapers, etc and clothes/shoes as needed. That's for 5 people. We do occasionly buy steak, but we buy the kind priced around 10 which is no more expensive than pork or chicken. If meat goes up much more than i'll probably start spending that much...

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts