Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
To the people who spend $1000 on food every month.....
by Anonymous
October 6, 2012 at 2:52 PM
What in the world do you buy?!?! I absolutely HATE grocery shopping, so when I went out today I tried to buy enough to last us 3 weeks or so. Obviously I'm going to have to buy things like milk and produce before then, but I still spent less than $200 AND even bought snack stuff that we don't normally buy. I feel like I'd have to be eating steak and lobster every day to spend that much haha!

Replies

• dewh2007
    October 6, 2012 at 8:19 PM
    We spend anywhere from 550-650 a month but that is also including other stuff like cleaning things bathroom/shower stuff.. would be nice if we could spend less than 200 for 3 weeks! Lol.. how many people are in your family though? We are a family of 4... with our groc. Bill it also includes the kids lunches for when they go to their baby sitters so yeah 1000 bucks I couldn't imagine!
  • mommiekatiemae3
    October 6, 2012 at 8:22 PM
    Ok I spend six hundred a month.. do you feel better now that you know? I wasn't bashing just saying. At least I don't have to hide behind anon to say something

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting mommiekatiemae3:

Why is it anyone's business anyway if you have the money to spend it

Why did you feel the need to post if you're not comfortable telling anyone how much you spend or what you're buying? It's a pretty productive thread where nobody is bashing anyone. There's always at least one in every group.....

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    October 6, 2012 at 8:51 PM

We're a family of 4 also, although both of the children are toddlers. I don't buy according to what we're going to eat from week to week, I strictly only shop the sales at 3-4 stores, stock up on the things with the best prices, and plan meals from there. For instance, chicken was on sale last week so I bought enough to last at least a few months. From what I've seen in the replies, it also helps that where we live seems to have a very low cost of living compared to other places.

Quoting dewh2007:

We spend anywhere from 550-650 a month but that is also including other stuff like cleaning things bathroom/shower stuff.. would be nice if we could spend less than 200 for 3 weeks! Lol.. how many people are in your family though? We are a family of 4... with our groc. Bill it also includes the kids lunches for when they go to their baby sitters so yeah 1000 bucks I couldn't imagine!

• dewh2007
    October 6, 2012 at 9:09 PM
    That is true on living! We are from ohio to me compared to other states we have it easy. We too have 2 toddlers. I try to get our cost lower but never seems to happen :( lol

Quoting Anonymous:

We're a family of 4 also, although both of the children are toddlers. I don't buy according to what we're going to eat from week to week, I strictly only shop the sales at 3-4 stores, stock up on the things with the best prices, and plan meals from there. For instance, chicken was on sale last week so I bought enough to last at least a few months. From what I've seen in the replies, it also helps that where we live seems to have a very low cost of living compared to other places.

Quoting dewh2007:

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    October 6, 2012 at 9:16 PM

Yep, we're in Western PA and our region definitely has it easier than a lot of the country! Do you have a Bottom Dollar yet? They just opened this past year in our area and that store has helped me lower my bill really significantly!

Quoting dewh2007:

That is true on living! We are from ohio to me compared to other states we have it easy. We too have 2 toddlers. I try to get our cost lower but never seems to happen :( lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting dewh2007:

• Elyce225
    October 6, 2012 at 9:19 PM
    We spend about 2,000 a month, sometimes more. We buy all of our meat fro. The organic butcher. So for one meal we need 5 steaks (filet and ribeye is what we like). So for one meal it's about 100 dollars just for the meat. Then there are the whole chickens, pork chops, ground turkey etc etc. Buying healthy meat is expensive. We also buy all of our fruits and veggies from a local organic farmer, that is expensive.
  • kbornman21
    October 6, 2012 at 9:26 PM
    We spend probably 4-500$ just for a 2 person household. My bf is a big boy.
  • fstysxofthebtt
    October 6, 2012 at 9:27 PM
    This except we're a family of 7

Quoting Anonymous:

We spend about 800-900 a month. We are a family of 6. We dont eat a lot of steak and lobster, but we do on occassion.

I think our biggest cost is fresh produce.
  • Buggy979
    October 6, 2012 at 9:28 PM
    How old are your kids? How many do you have?
  • dewh2007
    October 6, 2012 at 9:45 PM
    No we do not... we have a. Food 4 less and save a lot.. but save a lot food are really cheap..... BUT really gross :( lol.. and is it just in western pa or all over? My friend lives in red lion pa and its soo exspensive there it seems like!

Quoting Anonymous:

Yep, we're in Western PA and our region definitely has it easier than a lot of the country! Do you have a Bottom Dollar yet? They just opened this past year in our area and that store has helped me lower my bill really significantly!

Quoting dewh2007:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting dewh2007:

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts