Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
To the people who spend $1000 on food every month.....
by Anonymous
October 6, 2012 at 2:52 PM
What in the world do you buy?!?! I absolutely HATE grocery shopping, so when I went out today I tried to buy enough to last us 3 weeks or so. Obviously I'm going to have to buy things like milk and produce before then, but I still spent less than $200 AND even bought snack stuff that we don't normally buy. I feel like I'd have to be eating steak and lobster every day to spend that much haha!

Replies

• lowencope
    October 6, 2012 at 7:22 PM

We spend 400-600.  It's us, our two boys, and the dog. 

• LucyHarper
    October 6, 2012 at 7:22 PM

We spend about $400 a month, we have six, soon to be seven, people in my house, my husband, my 17 year old brother (I'm my younger siblings guardian), my 13 year old sister, 9 year old brother, 4 year old son, and myself, I'm 8 months pregnant. And we eat well, lots of meats, fruits, vegetables, good healthy meals, so I don't understand it when I see families of three spending $1000 on groceries.

• Lordgodempress
    October 6, 2012 at 7:26 PM

I am feeding 6 people.    I dont know what I am buying compared to what others are buying.  I have 3 adults, 2 teenagers and 1 6 yr old.  I dont buy steak or lobster.  hmm

• redneckmama4
    October 6, 2012 at 7:27 PM
    I just spent over 500 yesterday but we just got a new house to fill withfood. Plus we have been eatin crappy food for about a month (restuarant food and cheap easy crap when we were in the travel trailer...yuck!)so I had to get good food.

We could eat that much but we have six people and dh and I tryin to put on weight.

A garden would help, along with a food cellar:)
  • RAH8183
    by RAH8183
    October 6, 2012 at 7:28 PM
    We probly spend 700/month but that includes diapers and wipes for my one and two year old. Toddler formula, fresh produce, and a few other high price items.
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    October 6, 2012 at 7:29 PM
    Quoting mom2four1978:

Some of it depends on where you live and family size.

We spend 1200.00 a month and I watch the ads and bargin shop.

We are a family of 7 and a gallon of milk here is 3.86. Eggs 2.78 a dozen

It really breaks down to only about 6.00 a day per person.

Wow! We spend the same for milk, but that is a lot for eggs! I just paid .79 a dozen today! We go through at least 3 dozen a week since here it's cheaper than cereal.
  • mom2four1978
    October 6, 2012 at 8:04 PM

Where at in MO? I spent the first 27 years of my life in MO. My whole family still lives there.

Quoting raye-chan:

Sounds like here, too. I'm up in MO and our prices vary with each store. On average that's how much that stuff will start out at. >.< 

Quoting mom2four1978:

South central TX in a rural area. But the city near here is even more expensive.

Quoting raye-chan:

Sounds like the price of milk and eggs here. Where are you guys at if you don't mind me asking?

Quoting mom2four1978:

• raye-chan
    October 6, 2012 at 8:06 PM
    An hour from north kc.

Quoting mom2four1978:

Where at in MO? I spent the first 27 years of my life in MO. My whole family still lives there.

Quoting raye-chan:

Sounds like here, too. I'm up in MO and our prices vary with each store. On average that's how much that stuff will start out at. >.< 

Quoting mom2four1978:

South central TX in a rural area. But the city near here is even more expensive.

Quoting raye-chan:

Sounds like the price of milk and eggs here. Where are you guys at if you don't mind me asking?

Quoting mom2four1978:

• Jessiejem
    October 6, 2012 at 8:07 PM
    I buy a lot of fresh produce , lean meats ect , I spend about 150-200 a week on groceries and household products. Unless you have a large family1000 a month is a lot.
  • Kitschy
    by Kitschy
    October 6, 2012 at 8:08 PM

I spend about 800, but I could easily spend that if I had the money. I buy all organic though, and I really like expensive cheese. LOL

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN