Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Ever Had a Dr Lie to You??
by Anonymous
October 6, 2012 at 7:35 AM

I have....on several occasions, from things ranging from denying a broken back, to telling me my physical injuries were all in my head after a car accident,  to 'no, you're not sick', but i end up in the hospital....

Replies

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    October 6, 2012 at 7:58 AM

for me, it would depend on who did the research...

Quoting unspecified42:

The research out shows that size is not an indication of outcome.

Quoting Anonymous:

not everyone's uterus is the same.....jus saying...maybe your tear wasn't as bad as hers

Quoting unspecified42:

There is no evidence that bed rest helps at all, actually. I had the same thing and never stopped working because there's nothing supporting the idea of bed rest (or pelvic rest). Im 28 weeks now. If that's what you wanted to go, more power to you, but no one lied or gave you bad information.

Quoting Mommy4two:

yes, I was pregnant with my yougnest started bleeding at 7 weeks, went to the hospital was told to make an appointment with the ob/gyn and that I could go back to work... Thank God my boss said she didn't want me back til I had clearance from the ob/gyn... they did another ultrasound and said I had my placenta tearing from the wall and to go home and put my feet up, it would either heal or I'd miscarry in the next 2 weeks... He said the dr from the hospital even wrote the results in the report from the hospital... I was like oh geez thanks asshole my kid could have died...

• beeonit
    by beeonit
    October 6, 2012 at 7:58 AM
    I've never seen a doctor purposely lie. I've absolutely met my fair share of idiots doctors who are misdiagnosing, but they genuinely believe they are correct. I am a RN.
  • Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4
    October 6, 2012 at 7:59 AM
    Yes I had an advil stuck in my wind pipe and the dr told me I swallowed it. No I didn't I finally cough it out.
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    October 6, 2012 at 7:59 AM

maybe you should hang around drs more often, go to their meetings, lunches, etc...you'll see how much lying goes on

Quoting beeonit:

I've never seen a doctor purposely lie. I've absolutely met my fair share of idiots doctors who are misdiagnosing, but they genuinely believe they are correct. I am a RN.

• beeonit
    by beeonit
    October 6, 2012 at 8:02 AM
    Ugh no thanks, I get enough of them as is.

Quoting Anonymous:

maybe you should hang around drs more often, go to their meetings, lunches, etc...you'll see how much lying goes on

Quoting beeonit:

• Anonymous 5
    by Anonymous 5
    October 6, 2012 at 8:03 AM
    Um, most of these are not lies, but mistakes. I've had doctors make plenty of those, but I have also had them tell 2 very big lies.

One doctor told me my MRI showed that my appendix was definitely the problem and I needed it removed. Post surgery, I found out that they couldn't tell and it don't really look like it was inflamed, but my symptoms suggested appendicitis. It wasn't. It was a perfectly healthy appendix. Dumb ass.

Then, with my son, the doctor told me I had preeclampsia to get me to induce. I found out from my doctor after I delivered that I still never actually had preeclampsia. Just high blood pressure.
  • Candi_gal
    October 6, 2012 at 8:06 AM
    Yep! My "med"wife told me my fluid was really low and we would have to induce.
    I asked to talk to the head OB at the practice to reconfirm (she is very pro VBAC). The tech who did my ultrasound said how well my fluid was being 41 weeks. The OB agreed it was perfect and she did not recommend an induction at that point, especially with me wanting a VBAC.
  • mommytotwonow
    October 6, 2012 at 8:09 AM

the ob the delivered my first was a total nut job. I was due Christmas day and went for a regular visit one week before where he stripped my membraneswith out my permission. i didnt go in to labor like he wanted so three days latterhe wanted to induce. turns out he was going on a vacation and wanted me delivered before he went. i ended up having an emergency c section. he knew that i wanted a natural birth with no intervention, i was 18 and just went along with everything he said. now i know better, my last was a VBAC! well my old ob is no longer practicing because he is a rapist, arsonist and did many thing wrong in his practice. what he did to me included!

http://blog.timesunion.com/crime/legal-trouble-mounts-for-disgraced-doc-accused-of-torching-club/1340/

i have never felt so stupid or betrayed in my life!!!!!

• egyptian_mommy
    October 6, 2012 at 8:10 AM
    Yep. An idiot who thought I was too young for knee problems so he kept telling me nothing was wrong. Went to another Dr and within 5 minutes was diagnosed with a torn meniscus and patella tendonitis.
  • Anonymous 6
    by Anonymous 6
    October 6, 2012 at 8:12 AM
    Someone needs to go back to bed....

Quoting Anonymous:

Um, most of these are not lies, but mistakes. I've had doctors make plenty of those, but I have also had them tell 2 very big lies.

One doctor told me my MRI showed that my appendix was definitely the problem and I needed it removed. Post surgery, I found out that they couldn't tell and it don't really look like it was inflamed, but my symptoms suggested appendicitis. It wasn't. It was a perfectly healthy appendix. Dumb ass.

Then, with my son, the doctor told me I had preeclampsia to get me to induce. I found out from my doctor after I delivered that I still never actually had preeclampsia. Just high blood pressure.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN