Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
I don't believe in spanking
by Anonymous
October 6, 2012 at 6:39 AM

Parents seem to be on this power trip with their kids. It's the only explanation for the ferocity with which these parents cling to the concept of spanking.

Children are young, less experienced, less knowledgeable and can be defiant, impulsive and downright annoying and often even infuriating. 

When you have someone that you rule over, who knows less than you and who defies and annoys you, you feel completely justified in hitting them.

You say it's to teach them a lesson. You say it's because they can't learn any other way. 

You say it's your right as their "ruler." 

Let's grow beyond this and act benevolently to our subjects, eh?

Replies

• Sheryllinn
    October 6, 2012 at 8:55 AM
    So don't spank your kids. People grow up fine while being spanked as children. Its a teaching tool not an outlet for frustration and mental disorders.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    October 6, 2012 at 9:41 AM
    Quoting Dzyre1115:

This house is not a Democracy, it is a Dictatorship, and I am it's Dictator and I will rule as I see fit!

My kids get hit, when they hit.  So the rule here is, "If you don't want to be hit, then don't hit", it works like a charm!

Totally illogical reasoning, I say that as a wife, a mother of two happy well adjusted teenage daughters and a clinical therapist with 26 years experience working with children and families
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    October 6, 2012 at 9:43 AM
    Quoting Sheryllinn:

So don't spank your kids. People grow up fine while being spanked as children. Its a teaching tool not an outlet for frustration and mental disorders.

A teaching tool? What exactly are you teaching? When you are bigger and someone does something wrong, you get to inflict pain and fear!
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    October 6, 2012 at 9:46 AM
    Quoting Anonymous:

Yup I guess I am the ruler and the funny part about it that's what I use to rule my house a ruler.

As a mandated reporter and clinical therapist, using an implement to hit a child would fall into the category of physical abuse. I would risk my state license if I did not file a report with cps. I practice in the northeast but you may want to think about this the next time you whip out your ruler.
  • Dzyre1115
    October 6, 2012 at 9:47 AM

I don't subscribe to psychobabble, I feel it has been a major contributor to the downfall of society. Thank you for your input, I have a 19, 9 and 6 year old, all well adjusted and quite happy!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Dzyre1115:

This house is not a Democracy, it is a Dictatorship, and I am it's Dictator and I will rule as I see fit!

My kids get hit, when they hit.  So the rule here is, "If you don't want to be hit, then don't hit", it works like a charm!

Totally illogical reasoning, I say that as a wife, a mother of two happy well adjusted teenage daughters and a clinical therapist with 26 years experience working with children and families

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    October 6, 2012 at 9:48 AM
    Punishment is not a one fit all. Each kid reacts differently to punishments

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Dzyre1115:

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    October 6, 2012 at 10:02 AM
    I spank! I'm proud of it! I only do so when necessary! I use other tactics as well! They are in no way damaged from it! I have never hurt them by spanking them! And goodness its not hitting. You hit to cause pain duh! You people act like you know everything there is to know about spanking. Its a discipline technique that some people choose to use. Get over it already! You aren't going to change anything. Spanking is ok, it's not abuse, and children do learn in different ways. Now can we move on? (That's rhetorical in case you didn't get that)
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    October 6, 2012 at 10:04 AM
    Quoting Anonymous:

My grandmother and my mother are both psychologists. My mother specializing in children. Guess what? They both spank.
  • Drochmheas
    October 6, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Don't know about you OP, but my house was a constant state of civil war.  And as the adult, I refused to be ruled by tyranical toddlers.  We were all bloodthirsty cavemen.

I won.

• MizzDeeDee
    October 6, 2012 at 10:09 AM

My mom is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker and she allowed us to be spanked. Unless you're leaving bruises or being over the top it isn't abuse and not a CPS issue anyway.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

My grandmother and my mother are both psychologists. My mother specializing in children. Guess what? They both spank.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts