Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Tacky? Babyshower related**--OMG UPDATE!!!!!!!! More tacky?
by Anonymous
October 5, 2012 at 5:32 PM

I just read this on a friends status of facebook...

I thought it was kind of tacky because she truly asks for SO MUCH. This isn't her first child and EVERY status she posts is a whiney pregnancy status or how she needs soooo much help and stuff.

So what do you think.....

We are having a cookout / baby shower on saturday October 13th at 4 pm! We will have plenty of food and drinks for you to enjoy yourself! All we ask is you at least bring a pack of baby diapers and a pack of wipes !!!

HERE IS HER NEW STATUS!!!! I WAS BLOWN AWAY!

I need a head count for my baby shower/ cookout this Saturday! text or message me on here and let me know please!!! Everyone is invited if you don't want to bring a special gift for the babies please bring a pack of diapers and wipes! We are using Huggies or pampers !

**Also allow me to add:

1. We aren't "friend, friends" anymore since she moved and totally changed; so Idgaf what you think of me.

2. Obviously, I'm NOT going because I live far away.

3. She's not **just** asking for SPECIFIC diapers and wipes. She's posted her THREE (3) REGISTRIES as an EVENT on facebook; keeps sending invites to them and posts them even now and again to her wall.

4. She's FIFTEEN WEEKS PREGNANT!

5. She's basically saying that if you don't bring either Papmpers or Huggies stuff, you can't come to the party and it'd be nice to bring an extra special gift.....oh and look at all 3 of my registries and bring that, too.

6. Lastly, shortly after I posted this; she messaged me and asked me to make her a "couple" of baby blankets.

Replies

• KWnavywife
    October 5, 2012 at 5:33 PM
    Yep that's pretty tacky
  • gwebkeijmmm
    October 5, 2012 at 5:34 PM
    Tacky. To say the least.
  • svolkov
    by svolkov
    Yes. She should have ended with "come and help us celebrate!" The end.
  • Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2

Yep, rude. can't afford your baby, don't have one.

• illinoismommy83
    October 5, 2012 at 5:35 PM

I'd bring a $2.50 pack of dollar general diapers and store brand wipes... unwrapped... and eat all of her food. 

• Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3

I don't think it's tacky. Diapers are friggin expensive and lots of people have diaper bashes.

• mommy2nicky07

very tacky!

• Leobaby2007
    Yeah. Tacky. Most people would have brought things anyway without having to be told...
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster

Oh...allow me to mention....they were TTC....and ended up with twins but can't even afford one......

Jeezus.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yep, rude. can't afford your baby, don't have one.

• ColieO
    by ColieO
    October 5, 2012 at 5:36 PM
    If she really felt it necessary she could have said "no gifts needed, if you want to bring anything wipes and diapers are always appreciated!"

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts