Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
My BFF is huge. Update2
by Anonymous
October 5, 2012 at 8:21 AM

She has always been big. She was about 350lbs a couple years ago. Now, she's visiting home where I am and she said she's almost 450lbs. She wants a ride in my car 2.5 hours south to get home. I'd have no problem with that, but my ball joints went bad and I just got them fixed. 

My ball joints went bad because I drive a little economy-sized vehicle, and she used to ride in the car, and I feel like that's what did it. She's too big to fit the seatbelt. IDK what to do, or how to tell her that I'm afraid she'll break my car that I need again.

Help?

JUST AN FYI- The ball joints were new when I purchased the car. I had paperwork from the seller to prove it.

***Thanks to the few people who gave me advice instead of bashing on me for asking an honest question, I'm going to be on my way to pick her up in a little bit.***

SECOND UPDATE*****I PICKED MY FRIEND UP YESTERDAY TO TAKE HER HOME. AFTER ABOUT 45 MINUTES IN THE CAR TRAVELING AT A SPEED OF APPROX 65MPH, MY BRAND NEW TIRE (THAT I PUT ON WITH THE BALL JOINTS) BLEW. MY "FRIEND" GOT TO GO HOME, HER HUSAND PICKED HER UP, WHILE MY KIDS AND I SAT STRANDED ON THE SIDE OF THE FREEWAY TRYING TO GET HOME.*******

Replies

• ColleenF30
    October 6, 2012 at 10:25 AM

Well I have had a new trie go before and so have others. Defects and imperfections happen in them. That is why most tires have a warrenty for a little while. It does happen.

Quoting Anonymous:

It was brand new. I've never had a brand new tire that was used for ONE day explode like that.

Quoting Anonymous:

Might have been a bad tire. It happens.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm not sure. I took the car to a shop here and told them to fix anything that was wrong and they had to put those new tires on there, too.

Quoting quickbooksworm:

Do the tires have a warranty?

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    October 6, 2012 at 10:25 AM

How? I picked her up to take her home like a GOOD friend, then the passenger front tire BLEW under her and I said NOTHING about it and she got her husband to come get her while me and my kids sat on the side of the free way scrambling for money for a tow! 

Quoting Anonymous:

You are an awesome friend....not really you suck!

• indyb
    by indyb
    October 6, 2012 at 10:26 AM

How do you know you didn't hit a nail or something else sharp and that blew the tire?  Actually I think this is probably a troll post but i'm bored so i'll feed it!

Quoting Anonymous:

It was brand new. I've never had a brand new tire that was used for ONE day explode like that.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm not sure. I took the car to a shop here and told them to fix anything that was wrong and they had to put those new tires on there, too.

Quoting quickbooksworm:

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    October 6, 2012 at 10:26 AM

Yeah. Right.

At one point my husband was pushing 600 pounds (he isnt anymore lol he's lost a shit ton of weight). Never had issues like this with his little car. Stop buyin shit parts for your shitty vehicle and maybe you wont have issues. 

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    October 6, 2012 at 10:27 AM

Regardless, after the tire blew, her husband drove the rest of the way up to where we were and got her, and my kids and I were stuck 45 mnutes away from home.

Quoting ColleenF30:

Well I have had a new trie go before and so have others. Defects and imperfections happen in them. That is why most tires have a warrenty for a little while. It does happen.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting quickbooksworm:

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    October 6, 2012 at 10:27 AM

In my opinion yes. She is talking behind her back about how obese she is and basically blaming every little thing that has happened to her car on her friend. If my bff came to me needing something, I would not hesitate. I would not run to cafemom. I would be there for her. There usually is a reason why somebody is a bff. The OP is not a good friend. JMO

Quoting areyouatroll:

Has she said something mean or untrue? It's not her fault her friend is fat.

Quoting Anonymous:

It could have been a defective tire. And I would stop calling her your bff because clearly she isn't. You don't talk about your friends like this.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting quickbooksworm:

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    October 6, 2012 at 10:28 AM

Really why not just change the tire you don't need a tow because of a flat,  seriously!  And there are lot of reasons your tire could have blown!  You are a sucky friend because you are online making fun of her behind her back that isn't a real friend!

Quoting Anonymous:

How? I picked her up to take her home like a GOOD friend, then the passenger front tire BLEW under her and I said NOTHING about it and she got her husband to come get her while me and my kids sat on the side of the free way scrambling for money for a tow! 

Quoting Anonymous:

• Cheribomb
    October 6, 2012 at 10:30 AM

wow...  so not bashing but its definitely time to have a heart to heart talk with your bff on losing weight.  450LBs is absolutely out of control & she is going to die sooner than later if she keeps.  i would be honest with her about the car.  

• dewh2007
    Sounds to me like ur both are shitty friends
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous

Yeah, I really hope she is a troll because if not, she is one shitty ass friend.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts