Mom Confessions

Anonymous
WWYD-Gay DD
by Anonymous
October 5, 2012 at 3:44 AM
My teenage daughter has been in a relationship with another female for 4-5 months now. While I believe it may be a phase (she's had boyfriends in the past), I really have no issues if she is gay. However, her gf's mother is absolutely against it, and has made it known with very disparaging remarks. I love my dd unconditionally and will stand behind her no matter what. My dd's feelings are very hurt by the other mothers comments, and I've explained not all people will agree with her choice.

My question is...How would you react if your child told you they were gay?

Replies

• lalaboosh
    October 5, 2012 at 3:45 AM

I'd be like, ok. What do you want for dinner? LOL! I met her dad at a gay bar.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    October 5, 2012 at 3:46 AM
    LOL that's awesome!
  • .gumdrop.
    October 5, 2012 at 3:47 AM
    The same way I would if they weren't...
  • heythereelizah
    October 5, 2012 at 3:49 AM
    I wouldn't care. I'd just be like "okay". I'd love her just the same. Sexuality isn't a choice.
  • anime.princess

What if she's bi?

• BekahBrownEyes
    With love and complete support. That's my job.
  • Anonymous
    October 5, 2012 at 3:50 AM
    I figured most parents would support their children no matter what, so I was VERY surprised by the mother's reaction. Shes totally pushed her child away, and made her feel like shit. I feel so bad for her.
  • AF2011
    by AF2011
    October 5, 2012 at 3:51 AM
    I would support my daughter. Whatever makes her happy, I'm happy. If she wants to date and marry a girl then ill have a daughter in law
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    October 5, 2012 at 3:52 AM
    Tbh im not sure. Shocked maybe? Love my son no matter what tho.
  • Anonymous
    October 5, 2012 at 3:52 AM
    Quoting anime.princess:

What if she's bi?

Then she's bi. I have zero issues with her being straight, bi, gay. I have an extremely close relationship with her, and I'm thankful she feels she can come to me.

Mom Confessions