Mom Confessions

Anonymous
WWYD-Gay DD
by Anonymous
October 5, 2012 at 3:44 AM
My teenage daughter has been in a relationship with another female for 4-5 months now. While I believe it may be a phase (she's had boyfriends in the past), I really have no issues if she is gay. However, her gf's mother is absolutely against it, and has made it known with very disparaging remarks. I love my dd unconditionally and will stand behind her no matter what. My dd's feelings are very hurt by the other mothers comments, and I've explained not all people will agree with her choice.

My question is...How would you react if your child told you they were gay?

Replies

• Baby_G_24
    October 6, 2012 at 9:48 AM
    I can't believe this is still an issue for people & I've never understood why who people choose to be bothers anybody else..? Sorry that your daughter & her gf have to deal with her mom being that way. That can't be easy. Hopefully she'll learn to accept it.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    October 6, 2012 at 9:58 AM
    [quote name="MomGoneGreen470" id="0"]It is against God and nature BUT as a Christian it is our duty to hate the sin and love the sinner (which I am a sinner) ........ So support but do not encourage, love but do not approve, have their back from a distance so they can learn. Whoa it sounds like hey be a loving parent and all will come to pass. FYI .... I have plenty of friends who thought they were gay but came to realize it is just society pushing a pagan non natural way of life.
    "they will hate you because they first hated me". Mmmmm who said that? [/quot

Plenty of friends? I somehow highly doubt that. It's very unusual for someone to wake up one day and no longer be gay. Society doesn't push homosexuality, its quite the opposite.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    October 6, 2012 at 11:18 AM
    Quoting MichLW69:

oh my goodness she was sure of it so young! I have an 11 yr old son and I want to be prepared for if/when he tells me, I didn't realize they knew so young my cousin didn't come out to the family until she was 19. Thank you for your help.
  • yinyang6788
    October 6, 2012 at 11:42 AM

my mother is gay. i'd probably react the same. as long as my child is happy. thats all i care about.

• yinyang6788
    October 6, 2012 at 11:46 AM

Quoting MomGoneGreen470:

It is against God and nature BUT as a Christian it is our duty to hate the sin and love the sinner (which I am a sinner) ........ So support but do not encourage, love but do not approve, have their back from a distance so they can learn. Whoa it sounds like hey be a loving parent and all will come to pass. FYI .... I have plenty of friends who thought they were gay but came to realize it is just society pushing a pagan non natural way of life.
    "they will hate you because they first hated me". Mmmmm who said that?

my mother is gay. i've had girlfriends. and i'm a witch. do you want to start bashing pagans now? just so you know the christians have killed innocent people for thousands of yrs for a religion that includes aspects taken from paganism.

• liquidvelvet
    October 6, 2012 at 12:43 PM

I would be perfectly fine with it. Her dad and I have actually discussed this and we both would love it if she were, that way we wouldn't have to deal with any bone head boys. LOL!  I am bisexual myself.

• PEEK05
    by PEEK05
    October 6, 2012 at 12:44 PM

I don't know lol.  I'm sure I'd be shocked at first.

• LCG83
    by LCG83
    October 6, 2012 at 12:46 PM
    I would be just as excited and nervous if he brought home a boy as I would if he brought home a girl. Lol.
  • luvmymunchkins3
    October 6, 2012 at 1:03 PM
    as long as my kid is happy and treated right by who ever they want to be with then yes i would be happy and jumping for joy.and its people like you who shouldnt have kids if you cant accept them for who they are

Quoting Anonymous:

Did I say anything is wrong with being gay. I dont care if you happy your kid is gay I will not be jumping for joy or throwing a party.

Quoting luvmymunchkins3:

well it doesnt matter what YOU want it should only matter what THEY want and there is NOTHING wrong with being gay

Quoting Anonymous:

No but I don't think it will hurt. I did have the pastor pray over them when they were born. And that was one of my prayers. To each they own but I dont want my kids to be gay.

Quoting luvmymunchkins3:

Pray the gay away? Do you really think it works that way?

Quoting Anonymous:

I would be disappointed and try to pray the gay away

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    October 6, 2012 at 2:11 PM
    Do you realize with every judgmental act you portray that your turning yet another soul away from the Lords kingdom? YOU will be answering to that.

Quoting Anonymous:

i am so sorry that parents will accept this kind of behavior from thier kids..... I would never accept it!  Dont you ppl want ur kids to go to Heaven? yet u encourage their sexual sinful desires.... wow

Mom Confessions