Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
WWYD-Gay DD
by Anonymous
October 5, 2012 at 3:44 AM
My teenage daughter has been in a relationship with another female for 4-5 months now. While I believe it may be a phase (she's had boyfriends in the past), I really have no issues if she is gay. However, her gf's mother is absolutely against it, and has made it known with very disparaging remarks. I love my dd unconditionally and will stand behind her no matter what. My dd's feelings are very hurt by the other mothers comments, and I've explained not all people will agree with her choice.

My question is...How would you react if your child told you they were gay?

Replies

• GatorsWife4Life
    October 6, 2012 at 1:07 AM
    I would tell her that it's her life and her choice and the only thing I want is for her to be happy in life. And I would make sure that she knows my love for her will never change no matter what. I could never push my children away because of their sexual preference.
  • Sekirei
    by Sekirei
    October 6, 2012 at 1:29 AM

If my son were gay.. the only thing that would change is that I would ask about a boyfriend instead of a girlfriend...

He is my son, I will always love him and this would ot make me sad, angry or disappointed. I accept whomever he wants to love... as long as this person treats him with respect.

• Jacqalyn
    October 6, 2012 at 1:36 AM
    Surprised, scared for her but would stand by her no matter what and would still love her the same.
  • littlelamb303
    October 6, 2012 at 1:58 AM

I would love and support her like any good parent would.  Of course I would be concerned by the way she will be treated by some.

• MommieSDW
    October 6, 2012 at 2:00 AM
    Not a big deal :) all the same dating rules would still apply.
  • pse07
    by pse07
    October 6, 2012 at 2:33 AM

This would be my reaction 

Quoting lalaboosh:

I'd be like, ok. What do you want for dinner? LOL! I met her dad at a gay bar.

• mattiehatter
    October 6, 2012 at 3:25 AM

If my child told me that they were gay I wouldn't care. It doesn't make them any less my child.

• JrnCamsMom
    October 6, 2012 at 4:00 AM
    I wouldnt care at all but I would hope not because their dad isnt fond of if his kids were gay n especially since they boys. N I would hate tu mess him up for not supporting n loving our,kids. If they told me I would b happy as long as they are happy:-)
  • DestinyHLewis
    October 6, 2012 at 4:24 AM
    I'd be disappointed, but would deal and stand behind her.,
  • Elle.tea.22
    October 6, 2012 at 6:27 AM

Id scare the gay out of them and remind them to take a flintstone vitamin daily.

Wtf do you think I'd do ? :P Let them know they're still my baby and I'm just scared someone will hurt their feelings over this. Every time they do I will take her for icecream and we can talk all about her girlfriend or crushes.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN