Mom Confessions

bec94
Found a lump *edit*
by bec94
October 4, 2012 at 11:52 PM
My breast has been feeling a little sore (like pulled muscle sore), and just a little while ago I found a lump. I'm calling in the morning, but wanted to see if anyone else has gone through this.
1) it's in about the same spot as a lump I found in 06. Had a biopsy. That one was benign. Doc thought it could be from caffeine ( which I'll admit lately I've been drinking more coffee)
2) I was on progesterone about a month ago for period issues. 10 days of the pill. I read that lumps can be a side effect ( which makes me wonder if it affected the original lump that wasn't removed and made that area sore/tender.)
3) I ovulated about a week ago and due to start my period in 8 days, so maybe it's all the above and my cycle?

*dr thinks it's just a cyst or swollen lymph node. Could be for any of the reasons I listed above. I'm to leave it alone and check about a week after my period starts to see if it's still there. If it is, we will go get an u/s or mamogram.

Replies

• beachbabies6
    October 5, 2012 at 8:48 AM

i dont know, but good luck

• Memigen
    by Memigen
    October 5, 2012 at 8:49 AM

I've never gone through that but I wish you the best of luck and hope it's nothing.

• rwblake2011
    October 5, 2012 at 8:50 AM
    Prayers & hugs! Ive never dealt with this before.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    October 5, 2012 at 8:53 AM

Okay dont think I am crazy I knew this post was coming, I was thinking about it today and knew it would be posted. I dont think its anything and I think its just "a lump" nothing serious. Sorry  to bother you if you dont believe in this stuff.

• nevaNabismommy
    October 5, 2012 at 8:57 AM
    I would still get it checked but while I was on progesterone at the begaining of my pregnancy it caused me to get huge lumps in my right boob and they where very painful.
  • la_bella_vita
    October 5, 2012 at 9:58 AM

I found one once and I went to get check and it was caused by caffeine.

• bec94
    by bec94
    October 5, 2012 at 10:18 AM
    Thanks! I'm honestly thinking it's just a lump, nothing major. I don't feel that panic feeling, but I know I still need to get it checked. And yes, I believe in stuff like that to a point. My grandma used to do readings before she passed. She was good :-)

Quoting Anonymous:

Okay dont think I am crazy I knew this post was coming, I was thinking about it today and knew it would be posted. I dont think its anything and I think its just "a lump" nothing serious. Sorry  to bother you if you dont believe in this stuff.

• kansasmom1978
    October 5, 2012 at 10:19 AM

Better to be safe than sorry

• krayzbabylove
    October 5, 2012 at 10:20 AM
    Better to be safe than sorry.
  • bec94
    by bec94
    October 5, 2012 at 10:21 AM
    Thanks! That's what I'm thinking it's from. Waiting for a call back now.

Quoting nevaNabismommy:

I would still get it checked but while I was on progesterone at the begaining of my pregnancy it caused me to get huge lumps in my right boob and they where very painful.

Mom Confessions