Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
bec94
Found a lump *edit*
by bec94
October 4, 2012 at 11:52 PM
My breast has been feeling a little sore (like pulled muscle sore), and just a little while ago I found a lump. I'm calling in the morning, but wanted to see if anyone else has gone through this.
1) it's in about the same spot as a lump I found in 06. Had a biopsy. That one was benign. Doc thought it could be from caffeine ( which I'll admit lately I've been drinking more coffee)
2) I was on progesterone about a month ago for period issues. 10 days of the pill. I read that lumps can be a side effect ( which makes me wonder if it affected the original lump that wasn't removed and made that area sore/tender.)
3) I ovulated about a week ago and due to start my period in 8 days, so maybe it's all the above and my cycle?

*dr thinks it's just a cyst or swollen lymph node. Could be for any of the reasons I listed above. I'm to leave it alone and check about a week after my period starts to see if it's still there. If it is, we will go get an u/s or mamogram.

Replies

• beachbabies6
    October 5, 2012 at 8:48 AM

i dont know, but good luck

• Memigen
    by Memigen
    October 5, 2012 at 8:49 AM

I've never gone through that but I wish you the best of luck and hope it's nothing.

• rwblake2011
    October 5, 2012 at 8:50 AM
    Prayers & hugs! Ive never dealt with this before.
  • Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    October 5, 2012 at 8:53 AM

Okay dont think I am crazy I knew this post was coming, I was thinking about it today and knew it would be posted. I dont think its anything and I think its just "a lump" nothing serious. Sorry  to bother you if you dont believe in this stuff.

• nevaNabismommy
    October 5, 2012 at 8:57 AM
    I would still get it checked but while I was on progesterone at the begaining of my pregnancy it caused me to get huge lumps in my right boob and they where very painful.
  • la_bella_vita
    October 5, 2012 at 9:58 AM

I found one once and I went to get check and it was caused by caffeine.

• bec94
    by bec94
    October 5, 2012 at 10:18 AM
    Thanks! I'm honestly thinking it's just a lump, nothing major. I don't feel that panic feeling, but I know I still need to get it checked. And yes, I believe in stuff like that to a point. My grandma used to do readings before she passed. She was good :-)

Quoting Anonymous:

Okay dont think I am crazy I knew this post was coming, I was thinking about it today and knew it would be posted. I dont think its anything and I think its just "a lump" nothing serious. Sorry  to bother you if you dont believe in this stuff.

• kansasmom1978
    October 5, 2012 at 10:19 AM

Better to be safe than sorry

• krayzbabylove
    October 5, 2012 at 10:20 AM
    Better to be safe than sorry.
  • bec94
    by bec94
    October 5, 2012 at 10:21 AM
    Thanks! That's what I'm thinking it's from. Waiting for a call back now.

Quoting nevaNabismommy:

I would still get it checked but while I was on progesterone at the begaining of my pregnancy it caused me to get huge lumps in my right boob and they where very painful.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts