Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Do You Think I Will Have Any Left Over?
by Anonymous
October 4, 2012 at 1:38 PM

When I get my income tax I will probably have around $1300 since I only work a couple days a week.

I want to buy a:

Flat screen TV

A new laptop

A new phone.

I don't want to spend more than 500 on the laptop. I don't care if it does all sorts of fancy tricks or not. As long as I can do the basics like game playing, Internet, Word, etc I am good.

Same with the TV. It doesn't need to do all sorts of cool stuff, just a regular 32 inch (maybe bigger but not more than 42 inches) tv.

With the phone I know I want a smart phone or a phone I can play and download apps on. It doesn't have to be anything special. I do not want to spend more than 300 on it.

Replies

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    October 4, 2012 at 1:54 PM

My TV is getting ready to go out. It's an older style TV and the audio/video outputs are going out. I have to have those for my DVR to work.

I need a new computer for work and school. I am currently using a Netbook that works good but I need something with a disk drive and that won't crap out when I absolutely need it. I don't see this Netbook lasting another year. I bought it used in the first place.

My birthday is in January and I am buying myself a new phone since it will be the only gift I get.

Quoting nerdymom28:

Ya know...you don't HAVE to spend all that money right away. There are other, better things you can do with it.

Save it. The whole thing. Use it as a supplemental income - if you're short on a bill one month, or can't buy food or diapers another month, take some of that money out of savings. This is a great way to keep yourself in good financial standing throughout the year. It's much smarter and more responsible than just buying a bunch of expensive crap that you don't really need.

• layawatling
    October 4, 2012 at 1:54 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Too early for refund posts

This.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!