Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Would you... Edited!
by Anonymous
October 4, 2012 at 10:15 AM
Would you endure major pain to breastfeed your baby? If yes then for how long? And I mean alot more than discomfort, I mean tears streaming pain.

Replies

• vanityrayne
    October 4, 2012 at 11:48 AM
    So true! I had a nurse tell me that and I healed super fast!

Quoting redneckmama4:

I did. With our first I was clueless and my girls paid for it...bloody nips, cracks, engorged. But I kept at it and they got better.

Best advice I received was with our second from a nurse. She told me to express some milk after I was done feedin and rub it around the nips and let it air dry. Worked wonders:)
  • CDMelty
    by CDMelty
    October 4, 2012 at 11:49 AM

I did it for the first month with each one, and then for about 3 weeks when I had a bleb and didn't know it. I don't know why the hell they call it a bleb but it took A LOT of googling and then a pair of reading/magnifying glasses to find out what was wrong but I had one milk duct/jole grown over so it never drained and I had to like scrap the skin off it and let it empty and then it had to heal. It was bad.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    October 4, 2012 at 11:51 AM

I did for three months then I said F IT and started formula feeding while getting yelled at by my husband who insisted that I BF.........Not to mention the comments from other family members about it. This baby I told my husband if he says one word about how I choose to feed our child I will be cutting his dick off myself not really but seriously not going to deal with that again.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    October 4, 2012 at 11:53 AM

Did pumping help any of your issues and give you a break? (I am TTC and have a SS, trying to gather info bc I really, really want to BF my first). What did help you with your discomfort?

Quoting 3earthangels:

Yes

*edit* with my last I endured bloody cracked nipples, mastitis, and bruising from her not being able to latch well/appropriately for 2 1/2 months. I ended up BFing her for over two years.

• mamabird3585
    October 4, 2012 at 12:04 PM

I pumped for 4 months for my daughter. It was excruciating. DS was much easier. It was 6 months before I realized that that much time had passed. I always wanted to be able to provide the best I could for my LOs

• tina08mommy
    October 4, 2012 at 12:06 PM
    I did for a month and couldnt take it anymore. So i had to stop.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    October 4, 2012 at 12:06 PM
    No. I can treat the auto immune issue but this will not just leave. It might get better but I'll have to pump chemicals in me to do so, and that dried me up last time :/

Quoting TSNDDY:

It would depend.. Is it something that can be fixed, only a temporary issue?

• 3earthangels
    October 4, 2012 at 12:08 PM
    It did help with the engorgement and the mastitis, although it was still painful to pump ( but not as painful as feeding her).

Warm compresses, going braless, rubbing breastmilk and lanolin on my nipples/areolas after pumping and nursing, and having a lactation consultant help me with her latch and position helped tons.

Quoting Anonymous:

Did pumping help any of your issues and give you a break? (I am TTC and have a SS, trying to gather info bc I really, really want to BF my first). What did help you with your discomfort?

Quoting 3earthangels:

Yes

*edit* with my last I endured bloody cracked nipples, mastitis, and bruising from her not being able to latch well/appropriately for 2 1/2 months. I ended up BFing her for over two years.

• TattoodMommy19
    October 4, 2012 at 12:12 PM
    Yes. And I have. I have a condition that causes my veins to spasm during breastfeeding. For the first three months I was in agony with every latch. I had to bite down on a rag to keep from screaming. Because the pain was so intense, it took me a long time to correct her latch, so she was breaking the skin. My nipples blistered and bled. They were black and blue under the blisters.
    The breastfeeding moms group on here really helped me.
    They were the ones who educated me on how to relieve the spasms after she nursed and how to achieve a proper latch. They also helped diagnose my over-active letdown and gave me info and advice on laid back nursing and block feeding to fix it.
    Through all the pain and tears I kept on going because I wanted to give my baby the very best that I could.
    Were now at 10 months! Whoo hoo!
    I hope to nurse her to minimum of 2 years.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    October 4, 2012 at 12:18 PM
    Its actually a nerve issue, the skin is great lol

Quoting etsmom:

yeah, I would.  Eventually the skin toughens up and it doesn't hurt so bad. I would nurse for about a year.  But that is me. I would never tell another woman that they should or shouldn't when it comes to nursing.  

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts