Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Seasonal depression setting in already...
by Anonymous
October 4, 2012 at 12:17 AM

Here it is only October, and already I am feeling "the blues" setting in. I should be excited as I am getting married in 3 weeks, but he works out of town and is away, and doesn't seem to want to talk about it at all whenever we get a chance to talk on the phone. We're broke as heck, so we're just having a courthouse "wedding", I just had a tooth pulled yesterday, it's supposed to snow tonight and tomorrow ALREADY and everything just seems to be falling apart at once. On top of that, all I seem to want to do is sleep! I can't get on anti-depressants cuz I have no insurance, so if ya'all know of any natural over-the-counter suggestions that may help, I would really appreciate it. All I wanna do is cry when this should be the happiest time of my life. (I've never been married before and I'm almost 36).  I really hate feeling this way, and it's not good for my kids either to see me like this. 

Replies

• thefiregoddess
    October 4, 2012 at 12:18 AM

I get it too, mine started about 2 weeks ago, its the light change.

If you have a dr (or access to one) ask about SAD treatment. THe light boxes do help and as bad as it is..so do tanning booths. A minute or two a day and BOOM its at least managable

*hug* and congrats on your marriage!

• MixedCooke
    October 4, 2012 at 12:25 AM

ST JOHNS WORT helps with mild depression, Omega 3, Vitamin D and also iron also help with depression and low energy.  You should think about moving down to Florida--often sunny, no snow and I just went swimming with my daughters yesterday in our pool!  Mid to high 80s!  I like that its gets cooler these months since normally it would be in the 90s rather than the 80s.  It was a BEAUTIFUL day!

• squeekers
    October 4, 2012 at 12:27 AM

where are you that has snow on October 3rd?

• Kermitthemom23
    October 4, 2012 at 12:27 AM
    As above
    Also niacin is said to help. Gotta take a fairly high dose
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    October 4, 2012 at 12:30 AM

Quoting squeekers:

where are you that has snow on October 3rd?

Western Minnesota! lol

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    October 4, 2012 at 12:32 AM
    Ik what u goin threw i been soo depressed to im 19 hav a daughter and another on the way and married and he went back to texas bkuz of hys mom and im in ny his fone b off most of the time and when its on he dont pick up :[ he was married b4 and hys ex wife is down there and the only think i about is him cheatin....
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    October 4, 2012 at 12:32 AM

Quoting MixedCooke:

ST JOHNS WORT helps with mild depression, Omega 3, Vitamin D and also iron also help with depression and low energy.  You should think about moving down to Florida--often sunny, no snow and I just went swimming with my daughters yesterday in our pool!  Mid to high 80s!  I like that its gets cooler these months since normally it would be in the 90s rather than the 80s.  It was a BEAUTIFUL day!

Thanks! I actually believe I have some Niacin around somewhere here in my house. I'll have to find it and start taking it, and also some vitamin B from before. I had forgot about that! It's been about 3 years since I have been affected by this, so it kinda surprised me when I put it all together and recognized it for what it was. 

• luvhubandbabys
    October 4, 2012 at 12:34 AM
    Light box works wonders
  • brittani
    October 4, 2012 at 12:35 AM
    I'm depressed cause it dosent snow where I live. Wanna trade. I'm moving back in a few months though so I'm happy. Yayayay snow
  • MixedCooke
    October 4, 2012 at 12:37 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MixedCooke:

Thanks! I actually believe I have some Niacin around somewhere here in my house. I'll have to find it and start taking it, and also some vitamin B from before. I had forgot about that! It's been about 3 years since I have been affected by this, so it kinda surprised me when I put it all together and recognized it for what it was. 

Yeah I forgot to mention B12 also helps with energy.  Check the dosage on Niacin because I think I saw on Doctor OZ that you can take too much of it.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN