Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
PEEK05
What is so hard to understand about washing poopy cloth diapers?
by PEEK05
October 3, 2012 at 9:14 PM

What do you do when your potty training child poops in their underwear? Some probably throw them away, but I bet most people toss the poop in the toilet and wash the underwear. What the HELL is the difference?!?!

Or vomit on clothes??? You rinse what you can off and then toss it in the washer.

Replies

• perezamberly
    October 3, 2012 at 9:38 PM
    The way I see it, poop is poop. It gets dealt with either way.
  • BrittBratt
    October 3, 2012 at 9:39 PM
    It's not fun, but I'll take washing poopy diapers over the nasty chemicals in disposable diapers!
  • PEEK05
    by PEEK05

My mom thought cloth diapers sucked too until she saw and handled them herself with my son.  She said that she would have changed her mind and cloth diapered if she had available what we do now.  I guess they were pretty bad??? I was born in 88 so I don't know what they looked like or what they were made of or how they were handled back then.

Quoting batmansgirl:

You know I probably did, I bet their much better now re: fabric.

Quoting PEEK05:

LOL okay then.  You had some sucky diapers.

Quoting batmansgirl:

Yes I know how to wash clothes correctly, probably been doing that longer than you've been breathing. In other words I'm over the hill. Disposables are the way to go.

Quoting PEEK05:

I've been cloth diapering for a while.  My diapers come out bright white! The colors on the outside stay just as vibrant too.  Maybe you were not washing them correctly.

Quoting batmansgirl:

Huh their gross?? Not to mention highly unsanitary. It smells, stains won't come out. I've used cloth diapers and disposable is the only way to go.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous

I never got that arguement either. I have thrown away some underwear that was beyond saving. The ex picked up our son from day care once for his weekend and he had an accident. Instead of washing the underwear or trashing it, he saved it in the plastic bag for me when I picked him up sunday. There were other times that he just left it at the daycare even after being asked to take it. He didn't pick up our kiddo often but when he did, yeah.....

• tansyflower
    My five month old has been going over a week between poops...the last time he exploded like the poop version of pompei!

I still would take a breastmilk blowout over a stinky solids toddler poop anyday lol :-)

Quoting PEEK05:

Unless they explode lol!  Oh man, I remember taking my son's diaper off and then it would just slide up his back.  I had to be armed with a wipe so as soon as that sucker was off, there was a wipe already there lol.

Quoting tansyflower:

Oh but breastmilk poop is a breeze compared to solids poops! I heart breastmilh poop :)

Quoting PEEK05:

Poop sucks regardless lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

Dunno. I cloth diaper my 8 yr old. Those poops are loads of fun.

• danijean
    October 3, 2012 at 9:40 PM

I love cloth diaper debates just so I can show off pictures :)
  • PEEK05
    by PEEK05
    October 3, 2012 at 9:40 PM

Oh man I have too.  After my daughter was potty trained, a couple months later she dealt with her first diarrhea bout after being potty trained and didn't make it to the toilet in time.  It was the worst thing EVER.  I didn't even TRY.  I did throw those ones away.  They were going to be BEYOND saving lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

I never got that arguement either. I have thrown away some underwear that was beyond saving. The ex picked up our son from day care once for his weekend and he had an accident. Instead of washing the underwear or trashing it, he saved it in the plastic bag for me when I picked him up sunday. There were other times that he just left it at the daycare even after being asked to take it. He didn't pick up our kiddo often but when he did, yeah.....

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    October 3, 2012 at 9:41 PM
    What do cloth diaper moms do if their kid goes to daycare?
  • danijean
    October 3, 2012 at 9:41 PM

Seriously so cute and I don't mind washing them :) no staining since he is BF and I sun them :)
  • mysticmom90
    October 3, 2012 at 9:42 PM

I have a magic sprinkle powder I bought online and a washable plastic lined bag that zipps closed. I dump the poo in the public bathroom (just like at home) sprinkle and zip away for soaking later. I thought the same thing as everyone but after doing it for so long you really get use to it.

Quoting JLS2388:

To me, the difference is once in a while is one thing, having to do it all the time is another. Also, what happens when they poop out in public, I would NOT want to carry around a poopy diaper in my bad

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts