Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
PEEK05
What is so hard to understand about washing poopy cloth diapers?
by PEEK05
October 3, 2012 at 9:14 PM

What do you do when your potty training child poops in their underwear? Some probably throw them away, but I bet most people toss the poop in the toilet and wash the underwear. What the HELL is the difference?!?!

Or vomit on clothes??? You rinse what you can off and then toss it in the washer.

Replies

• PEEK05
    by PEEK05
    October 3, 2012 at 9:25 PM

I can't wait to buy more! The ultrasound tech found the gender today, but it's sealed in an envelope with my mom, who will be revealing it at my gender reveal party on Saturday.  As soon as I know the gender, I'm going shopping for diapers!!!

Quoting LadyBugMom09:

I can't wait to get my cloth diapers! :)

• Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4
    October 3, 2012 at 9:26 PM

That sounds pretty wasteful.  Sorry.

Quoting CreziaMommyTo2:

i have ALWAYS thrown away poopy clothes and clothes or items that were vomited on... 

• rennez
    by rennez
    October 3, 2012 at 9:26 PM
    I lucked out and never had a poop accident while potty training the twins. That said...I'd certainly just dump and wash
  • JLS2388
    by JLS2388
    October 3, 2012 at 9:28 PM

To me, the difference is once in a while is one thing, having to do it all the time is another. Also, what happens when they poop out in public, I would NOT want to carry around a poopy diaper in my bad

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1
    October 3, 2012 at 9:29 PM
    Liquidy runny poops from a 8 yr old 6-8 timesa day sucks the most. Lol I've done younger kids too.

Quoting PEEK05:

Poop sucks regardless lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

Dunno. I cloth diaper my 8 yr old. Those poops are loads of fun.

• TurtleSquish
    October 3, 2012 at 9:29 PM

who knows. people are crazy.

• PEEK05
    by PEEK05
    October 3, 2012 at 9:30 PM

Thankfully my son is a toddler (same as when a baby) that just poops once a day around 9:00 a.m.  Very regular.  I know when to expect poop and when to not, so I never have to deal with a poopy diaper in public. 

If I did, I'd dump it in the toilet, put it in a bag, and put it in the diaper bag to be washed later.

Quoting JLS2388:

To me, the difference is once in a while is one thing, having to do it all the time is another. Also, what happens when they poop out in public, I would NOT want to carry around a poopy diaper in my bad

• batmansgirl

Huh their gross?? Not to mention highly unsanitary. It smells, stains won't come out. I've used cloth diapers and disposable is the only way to go.

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    Quoting rennez:

I lucked out and never had a poop accident while potty training the twins. That said...I'd certainly just dump and wash

Twins and no poop accidents? Amazing! I'm slightly jealous lol
  • jesistar6910

It's not that I don't understand, hell I know it would be cheaper and less wasteful, it's that I don't want to. I mean, I am lucky enough to be in a position that I don't have to if I don't want to.

If for whatever reason they were the only option available, well of course I wouldn't bitch about it, I'd just do it.

Also, in the old apartment it was in our lease that we could not wash cloth diapers or their accessories in the shared washers. By the time we bought our house, it didn't matter because DD took to potty training pretty easily (thankfully for us).

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN