Mom Confessions

PEEK05
What is so hard to understand about washing poopy cloth diapers?
by PEEK05
October 3, 2012 at 9:14 PM

What do you do when your potty training child poops in their underwear? Some probably throw them away, but I bet most people toss the poop in the toilet and wash the underwear. What the HELL is the difference?!?!

Or vomit on clothes??? You rinse what you can off and then toss it in the washer.

Replies

• Becky.Mom.of.2
    October 3, 2012 at 11:20 PM

EXACTLY!!! I had to say this to many people when I first started using cloth. I used to hear, "Gross, I don't want poop in my washer!". Well, what the hell do you do with exploded pooped on clothes then? Hmmm?

• Sekirei
    by Sekirei
    October 3, 2012 at 11:25 PM

I was clothe diapered (I guess I was allergic to the disposables) mum never had to wash mine... there was a service on the AF base we lived on that came by and grabbed all of the CD and washed them, sanitized them and then returned them.. mum said it was awesome.. however, you knew when that truck was coming by lol

and yes, when Kael had the illness accidents in his underwear, I threw them away. Any other time, they went into the hot wash.

• Allisonc7910
    October 3, 2012 at 11:28 PM

I just don't feel right about putting something with watered down poop on it in the washer, doesn't feel sanitary.  Pee maybe but poop has all the bacteria.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    October 3, 2012 at 11:32 PM

It just depends. if it is  diarrhia I just throw them away. If the poo is a little on the solid side, I dump it in the toilet and then wash them out.

• roosmommy101212
    October 3, 2012 at 11:35 PM
    well good for you, but i can't imagine having a baby and throwing away soiled burp cloths, sheets, clothing, and blankets every time they spit up. did you know that OxiClean has enzymes that break up protein stains like poo or vomit? welcome to the 21st century. just thought you should know :)

Quoting CreziaMommyTo2:

i have ALWAYS thrown away poopy clothes and clothes or items that were vomited on... 

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    October 3, 2012 at 11:40 PM
    I have a small portable washer in my apartment for this reason. Works great and a save a ton of quarters!

Quoting Anonymous:

Idk but I'm pretty sure the other people in my building who share the washers with me would not appreciate shitty pissy diapers in the washer. If I had my own I would try.
  • FoxFire363
    October 3, 2012 at 11:43 PM

We use both. I have no problem washing the poo diapers. 

• jessi2girls
    October 3, 2012 at 11:46 PM

Only time I've dealt with poop like that is with a blow out poppy diaper.. and honestly, most of the time the clothes got tossed because it stained the clothes..  with potty training I never had issues with poop in their clothes...

I personally don't like cloth diapers.. the ones I used leaked horribly and it was a disaster..

But I don't care if other's use them..

Just wasn't something I personally dealt with well, lol..

for me disposibles were easier, more convienient, didn't have to worry about stains and such, etc.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    October 4, 2012 at 1:33 AM
    Yes. Why do you think that is? Please use some common sense when answering the question. It's not hard.

Quoting Anonymous:

Your 8yr old is in diapers?

Quoting Anonymous:

Liquidy runny poops from a 8 yr old 6-8 timesa day sucks the most. Lol I've done younger kids too.

Quoting PEEK05:

Poop sucks regardless lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

Dunno. I cloth diaper my 8 yr old. Those poops are loads of fun.

• QueenBof6
    October 4, 2012 at 1:34 AM
    I throw that shit away.

Mom Confessions