Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
might be a messed up question **eta
by Anonymous
October 3, 2012 at 8:03 PM
So I have a 4 y/o DD and one on the way. I'm a planned c section so I told Dh that god forbid something happen to me during my c section I want to do a power of attorney paper so he makes any and all decisions. I mean I know its a routine c section but stuff happens you don't plan for... so I was telling my cousin this and she said what if something happens and a decision needs to be made whether to save you or the baby (only one of us can survive this hypothetical) so ladies which would you want. Save you or the baby?

*eta since everyone is saying baby I wanted to ask (I swear not judging just interested) knowing that you have other children that are still young do you feel uncomfortable at all knowing you're leaving that child/Ren motherless?

Replies

• ChrissyReznor
    October 3, 2012 at 8:27 PM
    I've had this talk with my hubby and he knows I would want him to save the baby,but he told me we could always have more kids so he would save me.
  • trebelcleff
    October 3, 2012 at 8:31 PM

I would ask that in the event that only one could be saved, they would save me.  I would be heartbroken at the loss of a baby, even one I hadn't yet met, but my living children who are already outside the womb will always come first, and they need me more than I need that poor soon-to-be-born baby.  It's a horrible choice to make, but if I were to die that baby would never know me and my entire family and many other people would be made to suffer while if I lived the baby would be cried for and missed only by myself and my husband (and possibly the grandparents).

• wilesmomma
    October 3, 2012 at 8:32 PM
    I would save myself, I have 3 other children that need their momma.
  • Jessiejem
    October 3, 2012 at 8:33 PM
    I say you , not the baby
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    October 3, 2012 at 8:37 PM
    Quoting Anonymous:

I know it's going to sound selfish, but I would want them to save me.  I realize that the baby's life is important, but we have to think of the ramifications.  If we save the baby, we have a mourning father left to be the sole caretaker to a newborn and a child having to deal with the loss of their mother. 

I think it would be better for all involved if it were a united family mourning the loss of the baby.  Call me a bitch but it is what it is.

My thoughts exactly...as long as my quality of life wouldn't be drastically different. Though I've always told Dh if god forbid something happened to me if I won't wake up as me pull my plug. I have faith in my husband that he would honor that. But if I could survive and be myself my DD needs me.
  • TrouserMouse
    October 3, 2012 at 8:39 PM
    My SO came out of nowhere one day and told me if he had to choose between me or the baby that he would choose me. He said that we could have another baby, but he wouldn't be able to find another me.

It made my heart sink because I don't see any of my children as replaceable and I would sacrifice myself for them. I understand that it is different from the man's perspective though.
  • Peytonsmom6308
    October 3, 2012 at 8:40 PM
    Me. My other two kids need me.
  • Pita369
    by Pita369
    I told hubby if it came down to me or our baby to save her... I lived 29 years
  • Anonymous 11
    by Anonymous 11
    Dh and I agree, it would be me. I have 2 kids that need me.
  • Anonymous 12
    by Anonymous 12
    October 3, 2012 at 8:42 PM
    Me. I have a living child already I couldn't leave him motherless.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts