Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Proud to be an American :(
by Anonymous
September 28, 2012 at 11:29 AM
Today a local hero is being laid to rest. He was killed last week during his deployment in Afghanistan. He only spent 3days with his new wife before being deployed. Our streets are lined with people from the community all the way from the highway to the church his funeral is being held at and down to the funeral home. A good 5mile stretch. He is being buried with full military honors. Thank you to all the men and women in uniform fighting for our freedom! Even for the ungrateful asses that is the westboro baptist church. Yep they are here too.

RIP PFC Townsend.

Replies

• kymom23
    by kymom23
    September 28, 2012 at 11:33 AM

I am so sorry. :(

• lucky2Beeme
    September 28, 2012 at 11:33 AM

teary eyed ~~~ Sad. Reading stories like this are so upsetting. I am so happy that people turned out to show their respects to him and his family.

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    September 28, 2012 at 11:36 AM
    Its amazing. This is the second young soldier we've lost in a year and our community did this for both. It makes me not only proud to be an American, but to be born and raised in this wonderful town!

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

teary eyed ~~~ Sad. Reading stories like this are so upsetting. I am so happy that people turned out to show their respects to him and his family.

• mommy_me
    September 28, 2012 at 11:55 AM

RIP and thank you for your sacrifice

• Jambo4
    by Jambo4
    September 28, 2012 at 12:15 PM

sad

• acrogodess
    September 28, 2012 at 12:19 PM

RIP. That poor man's wife. :(

That is so sad.

• SavannahV
    September 28, 2012 at 12:25 PM
    I am so sorry :(
  • kansasmom1978
    September 28, 2012 at 12:26 PM

I hate westboro. I hope the Patriot Guard is there too.

• KenneMaw
    September 28, 2012 at 1:19 PM

What a wonderful tribute to that young man.   The support of the community has to mean so much for his family.  RIP soldier and thank you for your sacrifice.

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    September 28, 2012 at 1:31 PM
    Its 12:30 pm here and we are all still standing Here waiting for him to drive through to the cemetery. Its pretty awesome what we're doing imo.

Quoting KenneMaw:

What a wonderful tribute to that young man.   The support of the community has to mean so much for his family.  RIP soldier and thank you for your sacrifice.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN