Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Cafe Steph
Tell us how you get your kids to eat veggies and Green Giant will donate up to $2000!!
September 25, 2012 at 2:55 PM

Getting your little ones to eat more veggies can be a tough job but it doesn't have to be.

Click here>>> How do you get your kids to eat more vegetables? to take the One Giant Pledge to serve more veggies to your family and tell us how you get your kids to eat more vegetables.

Green Giant will donate $1 - up to $2000 - to Feeding America for every mom that shares a comment.

eating

Replies

• Allie01
    by Allie01
    October 2, 2012 at 6:42 AM

My son loves them and eats just about any veggie I put in front of him. My daughter has to take at least 2 bites of everything on her plate. If she wants seconds of anything then she has to eat ALL of her veggies.

• ahasugar
    October 2, 2012 at 1:03 PM
    My daughter likes to copy me, so I lead by example ..also,airplane noises never hurt ;)
  • Aubie1229
    October 2, 2012 at 3:48 PM
    Most people would consider us hard liners.... But we just make our 4 yo eat a few pieces. He has gotten real picky so one night we separated on his plate a small veggie and meat serving and said eat this or go to bed. He did not so we put him in bed and closed the door. After 1 min of crying we went back in and he was ready to eat and haven't had much of an issue since!
  • Dzyre1115
    October 3, 2012 at 1:56 PM

I have several tricks, all quite shady.  Pumpkin pancakes, super easy and you can sneak in pureed carrots.  My kids love pasta and sauce, so I puree whatever is in the veggie bin and cook it into my pasta sauce.  I also found these veggie pastas, by Rienzi, I cook them, the carrot squash ones, in salted water and then toss them with olive oil and romano cheese.  The kids think it's macaroni and cheese.  That one even fooled the nineteen year old.  I have a million more tricks.  My two younger kids, the others as we call them, won't touch veggies so I cram them into everything.

• momof3jam
    October 3, 2012 at 1:58 PM

Love it! Doing it now

• Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    October 3, 2012 at 4:36 PM

I cook and serve more vegetables.  It really is that simple. 

Hiding vegetables, sneaking them into other foods, does nothing to develop healthy eating habits nor does it encourage a healthy relationship with food. 

• sarahfire
    October 3, 2012 at 11:28 PM
    My boys love green beans and corn on the cob :) my 7 yr old loved carrots and peas also but it's more of a challenge getting the little one to eat a wider variety of veggies.
  • rgba
    by rgba
    October 4, 2012 at 10:02 AM
    Mine loves mixed veggies. DH pretends they are flying to DS on a rocket ship.
  • LogansMommy0328
    October 4, 2012 at 10:23 AM

i do it by the color if we have mac and cheese ill load some corn in there if we have salads ill add some broccoli etc..... works for us they don't really knotice a difference

• BEXi
    by BEXi
    October 4, 2012 at 6:57 PM

They ask for them! Easy as that :)

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email