Mom Confessions

Anonymous
i silently judge women who never even try to breastfeed. edit, edit again
by Anonymous
September 22, 2012 at 2:35 AM

why wouldnt you at least try? at least for 6 weeks? if you cant ok but why not try?

edit: if you didn't breastfeed because of health reasons, having to be on amedication, stuff like that then i do not judge you. I am talking about perfectly healthy capable women who do not even want to try because they think its gross or wrong or whatever stupid excuse. i do not know peoplese situation unless they tell me, but a lot of people have straight up said to me "omg i think its so weird, i didnt even try." or "omg i hated it, i tried for a week but then it was just too hard and i gave up" obviously they didnt give it a real try.

it took us 3 months to establish breastfeeding! i had to try hard. breastfeeding takes a can do attitude, for me trying to pursue breastfeeding was my very first lesson to my child, "never give up on something you know is right" and that is the type of role model i want to be for my son, someone who can stand up and do what is right now matter how "hard" it is. 

edit again: OMG this post got featured!!! sorry that made me kinda excited ive never been featured before. haha.

look, if you gave breastfeeding an honest try, then i think thats great and i understand it doesnt always work, but if you didnt even try, then yes i do not understand why you would not want the best for your child. im leaving adoptive moms out of this because it is harder for them, but i do want to add adoptive moms can breastfeed too. but it seems like not everyone knows that..actually most of you seem extremely uneducated about breastfeeding and that is really part of the problem. i almost stopped because everyone toldme i just "couldnt breastfeed" and that was not the case, i just had to do more research, seek out support, and finally after 3 months iwas able to breastfeed my son. ive also read a lot about women who felt  uncomfortable doing it because they didnt want to hide, you shouldnt have to hide! our society is screwed up...

Replies

• KME445
    by KME445
    September 22, 2012 at 2:37 AM

I not-so-silently judge dumbasses who judge other women who FEED THEIR BABIES.

Christ on a cracker, not this crap again.  SMH

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    September 22, 2012 at 2:39 AM
    Oh! Is this a ground breaking new standpoint on breastfeeding?

Nope. Same old bullshit.
  • tennisgal
    September 22, 2012 at 2:42 AM

ahh, i wonder the same thing. if you know it's BEST and HEALTHIEST for you and baby (barring any serious medications), then why wouldn't you do it. 

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    September 22, 2012 at 2:43 AM
    While I think breast feeding is best...... It's not your tits and not your baby, so why the hell do you care?
  • Sassy762
    September 22, 2012 at 3:44 AM

This isn't exactly what I would call "Silently Judging"...anything, lol

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    September 22, 2012 at 3:44 AM

some women find it gross.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    September 22, 2012 at 3:50 AM

I silently gave all my fucks away years ago.

• heythereelizah
    September 22, 2012 at 3:51 AM
    I tried with the first. It made me depressed and miserable. I had no issues. Physically is was easy. Mentally and emotionally it was torture every single minute. And I was guilted into continuing to do it even though I was miserable and resented my baby. When she got thrush at 2 months and refused to nurse I was so happy to have a reason to quit without being made to feel like complete shit. Thankfully with this baby I was smart and strong enough to realize that it is not for me, so no, I did not try! Never even crossed my mind. And I have bonded so much more with this baby than my first at this point.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    September 22, 2012 at 4:02 AM
    Dam that dead horse why do ppl keep beating it!
  • gemikris82
    September 22, 2012 at 4:15 AM

i couldnt do it.  i guess you would judge me and look down on me.

Mom Confessions