Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
A rant -may be offensive to some-
by Anonymous
September 19, 2012 at 10:04 AM

To the person who I'd love to tell this to, but cannot because it would not be the adult thing to do. I don't care if I get bashed for this. This is my confession. I would love to stoop down to her level and act like a high school teen but I can't because it isn't who I am. So I will post this, breathe a deep sigh for getting it off my chest, and move on with my life.

Before i even met you, everyone told me you were a bitch. I expected it. I knew you were a bitter, miserable person. I was ready to deal with it. I met you. You were indeed a bitter, miserable bitch. But I played nice. I smiled, made small talk, dealt with you because now we were family. You bragged about being known as "the bitch". Oh yes, how nice that must be to have that as your only brag worthy accomplishment. You are one of those people who don't know how to deal with an adult life. This isn't high school. You aren't the popular girl people admire. People don't fear you, or secretly want to be you. They laugh at you. Avoid you. Roll their eyes at you. And deal with you. That is nothing to be proud of.

You are a bitch to everyone but those who know you know that deep down inside you are very insecure. You act like you are upper class but you grew up poor. You are barely middle class now so at least you moved up in life. No matter what you are given you are miserable. You had a house built for you, for free, and you now hate it because it isn't the color you like. You hate your marriage. Your husband works 60+ hours a week for a low salary because he wants to get away from you. And he has no problem telling people why. It's because he doesn't want to be around you. It is because you are a bitch, and sadly everyone now knows because he told us.

You are the type of woman who is jealous and insecure and tries to belittle everyone around you to feel better. You act like you are better for working but you're dying to stay at home. You pretend to be proud in your parenting choices yet you are ashamed to admit them. I remember when I gave birth to my first child and you found out I was breastfeeding, you told me in secret that you had wanted to breastfeed but it was too hard and you gave up instantly. I never acted like I was better than you for breastfeeding. I sympathized with you & said "Well, it's not for everybody. It really is hard! Food is food!" And moved on even when you constantly made little snide remarks about how "stupid" breastfeeding is. I didn't act like I was better than you for cloth diapering even when you made more little comments. Or eating organic foods over fast food and processed. Or any of those typical mommy wars. Because I really don't care as long as you aren't abusing your children.

I am a nice, quiet person. I don't pick fights and I certainly don't care what you do with your life. All of my life I have let people do what they want and turned the other cheek because it just isn't worth it. But you made a personal blow and you know what it is. And when you put my family at risk because you are selfish and jealous, I'm not going to stand back and ignore it. So I actually stood up to you, and I was actually a bitch back. And you left me alone for 14 months. It was pretty satisfying. I didn't embarass myself and I still managed to stay classy even while defending myself. I still didn't stoop to your level which is hard to do when you are as angry as I was.

Now that it's been well over a year, I guess you forgot how I put you in your place last time. And you decided to try once again to assert your bitchy dominance. This time you did it in front of a group of people, and you tried the most childish thing possible - to make fun of me over what my child was wearing. Once again, we are not still in high school. Not only did you attempt to make fun of me in front of others, but the only people in the group you wanted to tell it to were the only non-parents in the room. Why is that? Is it because they would realize how foolish your comment was? How petty, how non important? Is it because what my baby was wearing was expensive and trendy? Something you & your husband could never afford? I could have stopped you right then and there. I could have put you in your place in front of EVERYONE. All people you have to face everyday. All people who make fun of you when you leave the room and pity you for being so damn miserable. All people who hear your husband talk about you. Everyone who doesn't respect you for being a bitch but pities you because that is the type of life no one wants to live. But I didn't. I smiled quietly though annoyed.

And we did indeed put you in your place again. Though we may not embarass you, or make a scene, or make you cry, we did let you know in the most respectful way possible we are not going to be disrespected by you anymore. And I think having enough self control to act like an adult even while being disrespected is something to be proud of. At the end of the day, I am proud of staying classy and sweet. I am proud that people know me for being so sweet. I am proud people think good things about me. I am proud that my husband loves us to death and wants to spend every ounce of time with us. I am proud that my life is exactly where I want it. And I don't need to belittle others to feel better about myself. I feel good about myself for being me. Maybe you should try it because your life really isn't that bad. Negativity breeds negativity.

Replies

• jennsmith326
    September 19, 2012 at 10:48 AM

Stay Classy San Diego

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts