Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
champagne_rose
Is it harder to clean a BIG house/ Apartment or a smaller one?
September 6, 2012 at 8:14 PM

I say a smaller place(unless that place has so little stuff). There is a lot of moving things around just to sweep. Instead of one big space to sweep and mop(or in my case wet jet because of hardwood) there is a lot of moving everything just to get it clean. This is one example.

Replies

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    September 6, 2012 at 8:15 PM
    Smaller...no storage
  • Canvas_says
    September 6, 2012 at 8:16 PM

I would agree and say a smaller place is harder to clean and keep clean. In a larger place something like some dishes on the counter won't look quite so bad as it would in a small home making it appear "dirty" or cluttered. A large home has a lot of hiding places. 

• LucyMom08
    I have a tiny place that I love, and 2 mini tornados...it's hard to keep clean...
  • alwayskk

The more space you have, the more cleaning you have to do.  I have gone from a one bedroom apartment to a three bedroom to a single family home. I have twice the amount of cleaning to do.

• champagne_rose

Quoting Anonymous:

Smaller...no storage

Yes, that is another good reason. We do actually have a storage unit but it doesn't have room for everything(apartment storage unit, not those bigger ones).

• meparty
    by meparty
    September 6, 2012 at 8:17 PM

4200 sq foot home WAY too freaking much to clean, vaccum, mop, sweep, dust.

• Pink.Frosting
    September 6, 2012 at 8:17 PM

Definitely more difficult with a bigger place.  The big places I've lived in ran me ragged trying to keep up with it all. I'm in a small place now and it's much easier.

• champagne_rose
    September 6, 2012 at 8:18 PM

Quoting Canvas_says:

I would agree and say a smaller place is harder to clean and keep clean. In a larger place something like some dishes on the counter won't look quite so bad as it would in a small home making it appear "dirty" or cluttered. A large home has a lot of hiding places. 

EXACTLY. For us our kitchen is small and so is our sink-so even a few dishes(rinsed) in the sink make it look trashy imo.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    For real? I swear I have become really worried about you. Have you ever been mentally evaluated?
  • daughteroftruth
    Depends on how much stuff is in the home..

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts