Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Are you a pharmacy tech??
by Anonymous
September 4, 2012 at 2:39 AM
Can you tell me how much you make either per hr or yr?

What do you like most about your job?

What do you like least about your job??

Are you certified or have an A. S. ?

Where did you go to school for pharmacy tech?

Replies

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    September 4, 2012 at 3:04 AM
    My dh is, but he's military.
  • beautisticaware
    September 4, 2012 at 3:12 AM
    I am. I received on the job training. I'm licensed in the state of Virginia. I made $10 /hr. I love working with the elderly. Hate dealing with insurance and those who are addicted to prescription drugs (and their doctors are more than willing to write the prescription).
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    September 4, 2012 at 3:15 AM
    Over all though are you happy and satisfied with your job?

Thank you for answering too!

Quoting beautisticaware:

I am. I received on the job training. I'm licensed in the state of Virginia. I made $10 /hr. I love working with the elderly. Hate dealing with insurance and those who are addicted to prescription drugs (and their doctors are more than willing to write the prescription).

• beautisticaware
    September 4, 2012 at 3:43 AM
    Yes, I love my job! So much so that I'm going back to school to become a Pharmacist.

I will say pay is much better in a hospital setting.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting beautisticaware:

• Anonymous 1
    September 4, 2012 at 12:08 PM
    Awesome!!!! Congrats to you. Good luck on achieving your pharmacy degree!! :-)

Quoting beautisticaware:

Yes, I love my job! So much so that I'm going back to school to become a Pharmacist.

I will say pay is much better in a hospital setting.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting beautisticaware:

• Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    September 4, 2012 at 12:12 PM
    I became a pharm tech through on the job training. I made $19.50/hour at a well know hospital. I loved the patients! I worked in an hiv/aids clinic and the people there were so awesome. What I hated working there was the policies that changed from week to week. No one could keep track of them all.
  • Anonymous 1
    September 4, 2012 at 12:35 PM
    Those policy changes though, do you think that's normal for any pharmacy or do you think that was specific to your store?

Quoting Anonymous:

I became a pharm tech through on the job training. I made $19.50/hour at a well know hospital. I loved the patients! I worked in an hiv/aids clinic and the people there were so awesome. What I hated working there was the policies that changed from week to week. No one could keep track of them all.

• tifferie
    September 4, 2012 at 12:44 PM
    I think this was more because of who I worked for. They had a ridiculous amount of meetings and such. I felt more like I was in business than him pharmacy.

Quoting Anonymous:

Those policy changes though, do you think that's normal for any pharmacy or do you think that was specific to your store?

Quoting Anonymous:

• ChelseySpelsey
    September 4, 2012 at 12:46 PM
    I made 13.50 hr.

I loved the little local owned/operated pharmacy I worked in. They treated their employees good.

HATED working in Wal-Mart pharmacy. I do not recommend working in a corporate pharmacy.

I am a RPhT and got my Associates Degree in Occupational Studies at Vatterott College in Joplin, MO.

Quoting Anonymous:

Can you tell me how much you make either per hr or yr?

What do you like most about your job?

What do you like least about your job??

Are you certified or have an A. S. ?

Where did you go to school for pharmacy tech?
  • Angelina052105
    September 19, 2012 at 2:02 AM

I am looking into taking the 50 pharmacy tech program..but I just learned that Walgreens will let you work there and then pay for your school and test fee.  I don't know if i'd make the most amount of money..but our family is hurting bad right now..soo..i need a job fast..and I haven't gotten any call backs..:(  I hope to God that things will work out for you..and I...

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN