Mom Confessions

TrouserMouse
Why do people...
August 23, 2012 at 1:49 PM
order food from places and then sit in their car to eat?

Is it because they are embarrassed to sit at a table alone?

Replies

• coleysmama
    August 23, 2012 at 3:49 PM
    Its nice to grab a bite and sit in my car listening to the radio and playing on cafemom in peace and quiet in between errands.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    August 23, 2012 at 3:50 PM

Oh, I miss Fazoli's because I moved in January and that's why I can't go there anymore.  But the second statement was in answer to "why do people order food from places and then sit in their car to eat?"  I don't sit in my car, I take it home.  But that's one more reason why people might do that. 

Quoting TrouserMouse:

Go there during the week at lunchtime. It is all either business folks or old folks.

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh, I miss Fazoli's. 

I don't eat in low priced places anymore because too many people allow their children to misbehave and disrupt everyone else's dining experience.  

Quoting TrouserMouse:

I was leaving a place from my lunch break. I got in my car. I looked to my left and someone was sitting in their car eating. I looked to my right and there was another person sitting in their car eating.

It was at Fazoli's.

• opinionatedmom
    August 23, 2012 at 3:52 PM

nope don't personally give a damn what other people think

• PeaceLoveZ
    August 23, 2012 at 3:52 PM

Maybe they really like a song thats on the radio or maybe they are listening to talk radio and want to hear what happens.

• MrsRinehart2010
    August 23, 2012 at 3:53 PM

i do it some times when I dnt want to deal with people an I still have other place I have to be after we eat.

• KeepJeep
    August 23, 2012 at 3:54 PM
    I have done it a few times because of XM radio! So many great things to listen to and I have been known to order and eat in the car. Dr. Laura infuriates me, but I have listen.

Quoting jenmeehan11:

So they can listen to the radio while they eat. Or so they are not eating and driving at the same time.

• MomsRule723
    August 23, 2012 at 3:55 PM

I do it sometimes.  Sometimes that half hour is the only half hour that I have ALL DAY to myself.  I am always in such a hurry to get to work or get home or get to whereever I am going.  So sometimes for my lunch break I will hit a drive thru, find a nice park or even a parking lot, blast my radio and eat my lunch without anyone wanting anything.  It can be very relaxing actually.

• anyotherday
    August 23, 2012 at 3:57 PM

a/c... privacy... their choice of music.. I can think of tons of reasons

• mommaslilmen
    August 23, 2012 at 3:58 PM
    My ex just liked eating in his car. Drove me crazy!
  • Fabulous24
    August 23, 2012 at 3:59 PM
    Well I do that sometimes when I'm at work. I like being alone. I have 2 little kids and a husband and that is my only time I can have alone. So I sit in my car eat my lunch, surf the web, or watch Netflix on my iPad. I am in no way embarass, I look great. I just want peace. Lol

Mom Confessions