Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
What do you think of this? 9-11, Atheists, Christians.
by Anonymous
August 18, 2012 at 10:46 AM

As a non-religious person, I view this as art, albeit Christian in nature. I don't understand how it is offensive to Atheists, as a piece of art. Interesting debate, weigh in.

Replies

• Maks1mommy
    August 18, 2012 at 10:57 AM
    Not really.. It's something they found in the rubble...
    I just don't understand why everybody gets offend about everything... Seriously.
    Some just need to learn how to control their emotions.

Quoting Anonymous:

Would that have made a difference though? They're both symbolic of Christianity.

Quoting Maks1mommy:

It's a metal beam in the shape of a cross... It's not like they put a Jesus statue out there....

• UgtaBkdnMe
    August 18, 2012 at 10:58 AM

I don't care. There are crazies in every group.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    August 18, 2012 at 11:00 AM

The issue is it was a support beam made to look like a cross. It's not like the explosion made perfect laser cuts.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    August 18, 2012 at 11:01 AM
    I think the whole thing is a big joke the goverment killed off thousands and now wants to say see we are makeing up for it by putting this stuff up!
  • miss_lisa
    August 18, 2012 at 11:02 AM
    Many museums are run by the government and have religious pieces in them. If the piece is a part of the history that museum is representing it belongs there regardless of any religious significance.

Quoting Anonymous:

If it's public land, it shouldn't be there. End of story.
  • kellysparkles
    August 18, 2012 at 11:03 AM

As an atheist, I find this just boring lol.

9/11, however, is something that I still get overly emotional about to this day.  I don't get offended and ask people to take off their cross necklaces when I am in the same room as them.  If people find solace in this, then so be it. 

• brettsmomma
    August 18, 2012 at 11:04 AM

People should be able to view it thru their own eyes and make their determinations. I see it as artwork and a symbol for the Christian religion. I dont find it offensive. Im not a christian but I do believe in God. 

• Mamaof3and1tobe
    August 18, 2012 at 11:04 AM
    This.

Quoting tessamalk:

I'm an atheist; I don't really care if the cross is there.

But I do have to wonder, would the Christian community be defending the statue if it were a symbol of a different religion, or would they want that removed?

• kaffedrikke
    August 18, 2012 at 11:05 AM
    One has freedom of not.freedom.from. I dont worship the cross but the ONE who.was ressurected. It's a cross. No one is forcing hommage to be paid, no one is making an atheist kiss it and drop money and flowers to it etc.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    August 18, 2012 at 11:05 AM
    Thought religion and government were supposed to be separate?

Quoting miss_lisa:

Many museums are run by the government and have religious pieces in them. If the piece is a part of the history that museum is representing it belongs there regardless of any religious significance.

Quoting Anonymous:

If it's public land, it shouldn't be there. End of story.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts