Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
No, I will not acknowledge you as husband and wife...
by Anonymous
August 17, 2012 at 12:40 AM
Because you're not!

Seriously, this has me annoyed. I just got married, legally married, and a couple we know (my brother's good friend and his gf) are going to have a ceremony and begin calling each other husband and wife and wearing rings, but are not going to get legally married.

I have no problem with couples who want to be together forever and not marry, but if you don't want to get married, then DON'T PRETEND TO BE. Why pretend to be married, if you don't WANT to be married???

It just seems disrespectful to me, because I actually am married, and others who aren't, can just play pretend and wear the rings and use the title, knowing it's a facade. They're going to go around just lying to people for the rest of their lives. I couldn't imagine introducing my DH as my DH and telling people I'm married if I knew I really wasn't.

If you want to pretend to be married, THEN GET MARRIED.

*To clarify, we are not in a common law state, and they aren't religious, so it isn't even for being married in God's eyes.*

Replies

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    August 17, 2012 at 12:43 AM
    Bump.
  • LiesLiesLies
    August 17, 2012 at 12:44 AM
    If you are secure and happy in your marriage why does someone else calling themselves married bother you?
  • OneToughMami
    August 17, 2012 at 12:45 AM

um...what is that all accomplishing?

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    August 17, 2012 at 12:45 AM
    Marriage isn't for everyone. Some people just see it as a piece of paper. If that's what they want to do then that's awesome for them, they don't need to change what they are doing because it doesn't sit well with you.
  • Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    August 17, 2012 at 12:46 AM
    I kinda know how you feel. We are getting married at the courthouse because we don't want a huge wedding we just want to be married to each other. I want to be his wife more than anything and I want him to be my husband not my boyfriend. Occasionally he will introduce me to people as his wife and I'm like uhh no not yet.
  • jjolsen77
    August 17, 2012 at 12:47 AM

marriage is a piece of paper that allows the spouse to get health and dental benefits.... you can live a wonderful life together and never be married on paper

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    August 17, 2012 at 12:48 AM
    Whether it sits well with me, doesn't change facts. They will not be husband and wife if they don't get married. It is a lie. I think it's disrespectful to people who are married.

Quoting Anonymous:

Marriage isn't for everyone. Some people just see it as a piece of paper. If that's what they want to do then that's awesome for them, they don't need to change what they are doing because it doesn't sit well with you.

• EAzizM
    by EAzizM

that is weird...but their relationship doesnt affect yours at all, so why worry about it?

• angie729

Why let it bother you so much? It does not affect you or your family in any way?

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    Nothing but the op throwing a bitch fit!

Quoting OneToughMami:

um...what is that all accomplishing?

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts