Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Anyone sell AVON? Is it worth it?
by Anonymous
July 19, 2012 at 12:06 PM
The really low startup fee is enticing, and the fact that you don't have to have an inventory, but I'm worried I'll get buckle and dimed and not have many customers.

I really want to be exclusively online and do online marketing/selling. People could just buy product via my website. Is this possible with AVON? Or do you have to go door to door and have parties/shows? I signed up with AVON online to get more info, bit the rep that called me wasn't very helpful.

If not AVON are there other companies that offer online rep opportunities?

Replies

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    July 19, 2012 at 6:05 PM
    Anyone!?
  • MrsMalsam
    July 19, 2012 at 6:07 PM

I hated Avon and Shaklee. I now sell Scentsy and don't have to carry stock either. 85% of my sales are online. 

Edit to add: I LOVE scentsy. I've never had a customer complain about it and I am also addicted to the products so for me it's a win-win. I have more customers now than I ever did with Avon or Shaklee. 

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    July 19, 2012 at 6:09 PM
    I hated selling Avon! Not worth it IMO. Too much hassle.
  • Maemae2012
    July 19, 2012 at 6:10 PM

never made any money off of it so I quit.

• chipper87
    July 19, 2012 at 6:15 PM
    I lost money by having inventory in stock. I had fun doing a facials party but I barely made any profit.
  • metalhealthmom
    July 19, 2012 at 6:16 PM
    I don't like Avon product...so I wouldn't do it.

I've been thinking about selling 31, though.
  • mistync
    by mistync
    July 19, 2012 at 6:17 PM
    I sold avon and they screwed me big time. They started sending me massive amounts of stuff that I never ordered or signed up for about a year in. And you can strictly sell online.
  • Snugglebaby0902
    July 19, 2012 at 6:18 PM
    I sell Avon right now and I'm doing good . It all depends on being consistent and having a great team sign u up I got signed up from my district mngr she introduced me to one of her collages and they give me the buisness tools I need to start my buisness . Here's my page youravon/KathrynGarcia :)
  • Aspirel
    by Aspirel
    July 19, 2012 at 6:20 PM

I use to sell Avon and I made good money.HOWEVER most of my sales were at my 9-5 job where 95 percent of the employees were women.So you need to have access to a lot of women to succeed. I tried online,it never worked ,I refused to spam people though.

• Snugglebaby0902
    July 19, 2012 at 6:20 PM
    Of course it didn't allow me to put the .com after Avon but that's what it is :) U should have them give u like 5-6 books before u sign up get a minimum order of 100 or see if u can get anybody or anyone who wants to buy or sell before u sign up that way u can use that income to sign up so u won't feel like nothing is coming out of your pocket although it's only 10 bucks but hey 10 bucks is 10 bucks . That's what I do to my clients and it works for them . I give them books before they actually sign up so they can have an idea :)

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts