Mom Confessions

Anonymous
If you are a young person on SSI (meaning you never worked long enough to get job credits) exactly what is your disablity?
by Anonymous
July 15, 2012 at 4:35 PM

I think because the taxpayers are paying for YOU when you never worked or only worked  a little, we should know what it is. 

Replies

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    July 15, 2012 at 5:50 PM

Oh I know you weren't saying that!!  Believe me, I get what you meant and agree 100%.  The subject of ssi/ssd and the judging that goes on here, and reading your reply, just made me stop and think that's all. 

My disability isn't mental, but it's not something visible either.  So that made me think about those who are mentally disabled (and if that's not the correct way to say that, I aplogize) and reading posts like these and well....who knows what someone might do after reading this shit day in and day out.

Quoting Anonymous:

You make a good point,  I wasn't saying anyone should jump off a cliff though,  I was just saying the op is being extreme in a smart ass way,  I can't stand most of the judging that goes on here you can't really judge someone else when they haven't been in your shoes,  know what I mean?

Quoting Anonymous:

Haha, true. 

You brought up an interesting point though. And that is: with all the insults and attacking and bashing on here, particularly with the ssd/ssi issue , does anyone who asks exactly this type of question, stop and think that something they say to someone might just push them over the edge??  I undertsand you were just saying jump off a cliff to make a point and no offense to you at all anon, but seriously.... wow.  I never gave it that much thought till now but it could very well happen!  How fucking sad.  Someone with a disability that's not good enough for the judges of CM such as the op, could really flip out over some of the comments made here and try to hurt themself.  It's not that far fetched of an idea IMO.

Quoting Anonymous:

Didn't you know the op is the new supreme ruler of ssi and disability benefits,  if she doesn't deem you worthy you must immediately go fling yourself off the nearest cliff!  Seriously though I think she is just nosy!

Quoting Anonymous:

I get disability benefits, not ssi.  But what business is it of yours what the reason is?

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    July 15, 2012 at 5:50 PM

CYSTIC FIBROSIS

• ElitestJen
    July 15, 2012 at 5:52 PM

Quoting mommy_me:

Yes Im sure the SS office just hands out money to every Tom, Dick and Harry who wants to be lazy

Quoting ElitestJen:

Laziness.

More people went on disability last month than got jobs.  Things that make you go "hmmmmm".

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous

I'm disabled and my child gets a dependent check.  Is that ok with you OP? 

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    My 23 yo sister gets SSI for ADD. She got her GED and started college but can't work, yeah right.

Quoting Anonymous:

a special ed teacher told me parents are applying for benefits because their kid was labeled special ed. that is BS.  What ever happened to personal responsibility?  Your kid has ADD so they can collect benefits? WRONG.  This is why people who really need it are being denied

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous

I'm not on it but am eligible. I have PTSD and Major Depressive Disorder. My oldest son could qualify as he is ADHD although I refuse to apply because of that. He also qualifies because his biological dad died when ds was 4mos old. That I plan to apply for because it is only fair for my child to receive something in place of the child support he would be getting otherwise. 

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    July 15, 2012 at 5:54 PM

Quoting ElitestJen:

Quoting mommy_me:

Yes Im sure the SS office just hands out money to every Tom, Dick and Harry who wants to be lazy

Quoting ElitestJen:

Laziness.

More people went on disability last month than got jobs.  Things that make you go "hmmmmm".

One doesn't just *go on disability*. 

Ignorant people make me go "hhmmmmm".

• Ber-Lynn
    Quoting ElitestJen:

It is not easy to get on disability most people even get denied the first time. Hell I have very documented problems and it took me two years to get ssdi.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous

It took 4 years to get my son on SSI. years and years of paperwork, hoops, proof, evals, denials, apeals, court dates and anything else they could think of. 

they weed out the people who dont deserve it. i assure you. 

• Mommy2ZOEBETH
    July 15, 2012 at 5:55 PM

If you can show me an actual dollar amount you as a "taxpayer" have contributed to any single other persons SSI disability check, I will gladly compile you a list of the disabilities of every single person that receives it.

Mom Confessions