Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
If you are a young person on SSI (meaning you never worked long enough to get job credits) exactly what is your disablity?
by Anonymous
July 15, 2012 at 4:35 PM

I think because the taxpayers are paying for YOU when you never worked or only worked  a little, we should know what it is. 

Replies

• daughteroftruth
    July 15, 2012 at 5:56 PM
    I am not on ssi or disability, but as a taxpayer, it is NOT my right to know about others medical disabilities, nor is it yours.
  • danandsamsmom
    July 15, 2012 at 5:57 PM

Quoting mutedsapphire:

My fiance gets SSI. He has Aspergers and has literally been unable to get a job because of his disability. But that's because of employers thinking he's unable to work. We both know he can and he plans on starting his own business as soon as we are financially able.

Does he volunteer the information that he has Aspergers?

• Cchancey10
    July 15, 2012 at 5:58 PM
    Is that poor horse still not dead???
  • ElitestJen
    July 15, 2012 at 5:58 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

One doesn't just *go on disability*. 

Ignorant people make me go "hhmmmmm".

LOL   People that misuse and abuse the word "ignorant" make me giggle. 

Btw....

http://news.investors.com/article/617233/201207061636/disability-climbs-faster-than-jobs-under-obama.htm?p=full

• shivasgirl
    July 15, 2012 at 5:59 PM

your a cunt...bless your heart

Quoting ElitestJen:

Quoting areles:

yeah, my son with developmental disabilities resulting from a rare disease he contracted at 18 months old is lazy.  despite the fact that he struggled through school and managed, despite said disabilities, to graduate with honors last month; despite the fact that he's starting college next month (paid for not by loans or grants, but by us, because we saved for it); despite the fact that he applies for jobs CONSTANTLY because he desperately wants to work, and has yet to get hired due to said disabilities.

also despite the fact that his tiny SSI check wouldn't even cover rent.

Quoting ElitestJen:

Laziness.

You're mad.  Bless your heart.

• ElitestJen
    July 15, 2012 at 6:00 PM

Quoting Ber-Lynn:

It is not easy to get on disability most people even get denied the first time. Hell I have very documented problems and it took me two years to get ssdi.

Its pretty easy.  It just takes patience.  Its MUCH easier to get on now than before 1984. 

• lovehimforever
    July 15, 2012 at 6:00 PM
    95% of ppl get denied that's why you have to appeal it.

Quoting Anonymous:

The fucked up thing is i was born with muscular dystrophy and last july also diagnosed with MS and i was denied but i me a kid a few days ago that has adhd and has been getting a check since he was 14..and no i never had a job.

• ElitestJen
    July 15, 2012 at 6:01 PM

Quoting shivasgirl:

your a cunt...bless your heart

I think someone already said that.  Insult fail.

• bxmom2580
    July 15, 2012 at 6:01 PM
    My kids are 15,5,and 4 years old, they have autism and mild mental retardation,they get ssi and I also have a part time job which enables me to work and care for them, im also a single mom, its really no ones business, even though im working part time, my tax money is still paying for ssi
  • rosaleeandtwo
    July 15, 2012 at 6:02 PM
    My nephew has severe classic autism. He will never be able to work without assistance or live on his own. Thats why.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN