Mom Confessions

Anonymous
what would you all suggest?
by Anonymous
July 15, 2012 at 2:17 AM
I am a bigger shorter women...215lbs 5ft even :(... I hate it. I try to loose weight and its so hard for me (I have pcos)... so my question is. Other than watc what I eat and all that what type of exercise should I do? Videos? Etc. Etc. I do not want to start out fast pace more so "low/medium" pace.... so any suggestions please?

Replies

• svolkov
    by svolkov
    July 15, 2012 at 2:18 AM
    It really is all food. But I would suggest a bike or elliptical. Both r easy on your body
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    July 15, 2012 at 2:21 AM
    Planning on a bike but we have to wait a couple months :(.. paying of a loan payment this month.. then taking on another car payment that will take (2-3 months) so will be tight on money but planning on getting one.. also one thing that dosnt help is yes I eat less but when I do eat its late at night.. I usually only eat dinner then do a snack later on.. I'm having to force myself to eat the regular meals. But limiting my portions and what not.

Quoting svolkov:

It really is all food. But I would suggest a bike or elliptical. Both r easy on your body

• svolkov
    by svolkov
    July 15, 2012 at 2:25 AM
    I am nursing so I have to eat enough but what I do is replace one meal a day with shakeology and I change the meals each day so one day I replace breakfast, the next lunch, then dinner. Works well so far. Lost 10lbs in 6wks and no milk supply probs!

Quoting Anonymous:

Planning on a bike but we have to wait a couple months :(.. paying of a loan payment this month.. then taking on another car payment that will take (2-3 months) so will be tight on money but planning on getting one.. also one thing that dosnt help is yes I eat less but when I do eat its late at night.. I usually only eat dinner then do a snack later on.. I'm having to force myself to eat the regular meals. But limiting my portions and what not.

Quoting svolkov:

• jesistar6910
    July 15, 2012 at 2:25 AM

Cardio! I have been doing cardio!

I use a stationary bike every morning for 15 minutes, and then I go swimming every other day. I swim for 45 minutes, doing laps and getting the heart rate up. You can't burn fat unless you get the heart pumping really good.

I am also shorter 5'4" and hit my high of 305lbs on May 1. Just weighed myself on Friday night: 284.6! So, it's all about aerobic exercise to get the pounds to come off, I've learned.

• Mama_Dolly
    July 15, 2012 at 2:26 AM

walk every where. if you have to drive or take the bus park further away or get off a stop earlier. and walk the rest of the way. during commercials get up do jumping jaxs, sit ups, push ups, burpies, dead lifts etc just keep moving... dancing is great exercise too! turn on some music and while you clean dance!. or dance with your kid(s) or s/o.

I am 5' even too... 

• Anonymous
    July 15, 2012 at 2:31 AM
    What is shakeology? Is it expensive?

Quoting svolkov:

I am nursing so I have to eat enough but what I do is replace one meal a day with shakeology and I change the meals each day so one day I replace breakfast, the next lunch, then dinner. Works well so far. Lost 10lbs in 6wks and no milk supply probs!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting svolkov:

• Anonymous
    July 15, 2012 at 2:32 AM
    Well right now no pool or bike :( my dh is looking for a couple discount membership at our local y though.. I'm just trying to think of things till then? Like any I can do that you know of without machines or whatnot?

Quoting jesistar6910:

I use a stationary bike every morning for 15 minutes, and then I go swimming every other day. I swim for 45 minutes, doing laps and getting the heart rate up. You can't burn fat unless you get the heart pumping really good.

I am also shorter 5'4" and hit my high of 305lbs on May 1. Just weighed myself on Friday night: 284.6! So, it's all about aerobic exercise to get the pounds to come off, I've learned.

• Anonymous
    July 15, 2012 at 2:34 AM
    What are burpies and dead lifts? Lol sorry! Ans I do dance with my kids. They love to dance! Lol

Quoting Mama_Dolly:

walk every where. if you have to drive or take the bus park further away or get off a stop earlier. and walk the rest of the way. during commercials get up do jumping jaxs, sit ups, push ups, burpies, dead lifts etc just keep moving... dancing is great exercise too! turn on some music and while you clean dance!. or dance with your kid(s) or s/o.

I am 5' even too... 

• jesistar6910
    July 15, 2012 at 2:35 AM

There might be aerobic dance type videos online you can follow to. The thing is to get your heart to a certain rate and keep it there for a while, and also watch the caloric intake, drink ice water instead of soda. Walking around the block is good too. Or jogging around it. Anything that gets you heart rate up. It doesn't have to be on a machine. We get passes to the pool at the gym in town for 2 bucks a session so it's only 24 bucks a month for me.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well right now no pool or bike :( my dh is looking for a couple discount membership at our local y though.. I'm just trying to think of things till then? Like any I can do that you know of without machines or whatnot?

Quoting jesistar6910:

• GirlWSlingshot
    July 15, 2012 at 2:37 AM
    Start with walking if you're completely out of shape. If you're ready to make some progress then try the Couch to 5k plan. (I'm mobile or I'd give you a link, but just google it.)

If you have a smart phone then download the My Fitness Pal app. Track everything you eat so you can are where you need to cut down.

Drink water all day long. No soda or juice if possible. Keep a bottle with you and refill it often.

You can do this. Don't look at this as a quick diet for weight loss. Consider this a lifestyle change for health.

Mom Confessions