Mom Confessions

Anonymous
fat people are lazy
by Anonymous
July 2, 2012 at 10:26 PM
I used to hate when people said.that but its the truth. I lost over 100 lbs the old fashioned way , and I feel like fat people don't have an excuse, I hate it.when they complain. "oh I'm fat I don't look good in anything I can't wear a swimsuit" well jog, quit eatting twinkies, and stfu. I have had 4 kids by c section so no excuse, sorry for the long rant

Replies

• BarbaraPassio
    July 4, 2012 at 2:17 PM

I'm fat and i'm ok with it!!!!! So stfu!!!!

• one_on_the_way
    July 4, 2012 at 2:21 PM

I agree...I'm only fat right now because I got lazy (by lazy, I mean - I stopped purposely exercising --- with a 3 year old, a job, full-time school and doing it all alone...I'm not COMPLETELY lazy). 

I really need to start taking some 'me time' and exercising.  I actually don't eat that bad, so that part shouldn't be too hard.  But, I'm tired of being fat.  I deserve to feel good about how I look and feel -- and my son deserves a mom who feels good!  I know I'll have more energy to be a better mom once I start taking better care of myself.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    July 4, 2012 at 2:43 PM

Quoting MamaGlitterBug:

What I find ironic is you posted this anon....what, can't handle the heat? Stay outta the kitchen!

Not every lazy person is fat and not every fat person is lazy.

I agree with this---  especially the "not every lazy person is fat".  I know several people who never worked out a day in their life, eat crappy food and are 'skinny'. 

I have one friend who was always really thin.  I had always struggled with my weight. Years ago I had enough and started running and working out and making wise food choices.  I lost a total of 73 pounds and still weighed 20 lbs more than my thin friend.  Well, I asked her to go roller blading with me through the park one day and she got so winded and couldn't even do it.  I had to go really slow so she could keep up.  She was all sweaty and hot....and I was as cool as a cucumber.  It wasn't even a warm-up for me.  After she went home, I stayed and got in a REAL workout.  Even if people could look at the two of us and see that she was skinnier than me, she was certainly not healthier or more in shape than me.  While I was running and exercising, she was at home watching t.v. and eating hostess cupcakes -- yet, you wouldn't know it by looking at her.

Now, she is in her 30s and her metabolism is starting to slow down and her weight is more reflective of her unhealthy habits (2 huge chilidogs and a huge regular soda for lunch), absolutely zero exercise....and she's wondering why she has to buy bigger clothes.  I feel kind of bad for her because she has never needed to worry about exercising or had to care about what she ate (at least not to stay skinny) -- and now, it's a wake-up call to her and she'll have to make big changes if she doesn't want to get fat.  And, that isn't even mentioning her health in general.  There can be very thin people who are very unhealthy.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    July 4, 2012 at 2:47 PM
    I totally agree with you. I have hypothyroidism to but I take my pills and work my ass off!
  • dgarcia7
    July 5, 2012 at 12:00 AM
    Did you follow a special diet?? I've read that gluten free soy free helps....I've been on meds. but still experience symptoms. It's hard for me to lose and keep weight off. Just wondering if you did anything specific or extra to keep it off.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ive had hypothyroid for years and could keep.the weight off. I hate when women use that excuse

• opal10161973
    July 5, 2012 at 12:01 AM

STEALING THIS- for my MOM!  LOL!

Quoting cassie19831:

• weirdkids
    July 5, 2012 at 12:09 AM
    I know exactly how she feels. I am overweight and have medical issues that prevent me from exercising. I can tolerate small bursts with the kids but the 1 time my mom talked me into going to the gym with her I spent 3 days in the hospital. Couldn't move. It was so painful. I hardly eat, and portions are small but it doesn't make a difference.

Quoting xomrs.chase:

My mom has a walking disability and is depressed that she can't do nearly as much exercise as she used to. She's not lazy- she's in pain.

• yuliaann
    July 5, 2012 at 12:16 AM
    i had a friend whos whole family is over weight and made excusses that its in their family and nothing they can do....well she proved them wrong! She started walking a mile to the pool. swim for an hour and work out for an hour at the gym and walk back a mile 3 times a week. ate healthy and now shes 150 ilb and she used to be almost 300. So yes i agree with you. Its lazyness and no self motivation
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    July 5, 2012 at 12:17 AM

Seems an interesting thread

• ginger813
    July 5, 2012 at 12:17 AM

wow, that's about one of the stupidest things I've ever heard! We have a really big garden (40ft x 50ft) that I work in every single day (pulling weeds, harvesting veggies, etc), I also take walks with my kids on a regular basis, I push mow our HUGE yard every week, and do much more. I am up and moving all day long, every day. I am still obese. I am on medication (for another problem) that causes weight gain. If I weren't so active, I'd hate to think of how big I'd be. It pisses me off and hurts my feelings to know that so many people think the way you do.

Mom Confessions