Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
NDADanceMom
Nearly paid for a mom's groceries... till I saw what she was buying
June 12, 2012 at 5:22 PM

I was at the self pay ringing up at the same time as another mom.  I was alone and she was only a few feet away so I could hear her conversation with her kids.  They were all so excited to get home because they were hungry, hadnt eaten all day.  The conversation got alarmed and the mom was saying her card wasnt working.  I could tell she needed the food and she didnt know what to do.  She was starting to walk out without her food and I was turning around to offer to pay and then I noticed the packed bags, they are clear so I could see they were filled with  chips, soda and candy.  Not one veggie or fruit. 

I decided they didnt need my help after all.

Replies

• lovinmama411
    June 12, 2012 at 5:58 PM

That isn't the kids fault. If I planned to maybe pay for another moms groceries, I wouldn't care what they were buying as long as its food. It's not my job to tell her how to eat or what to feed her kids. Poor kids, now not only did they not get to eat unhealthy food but they probably got no food at all. I'd rather see them eat chips and candy than nothing.

• LoriAnn87

wow really sad you didn't help out I know I would have help out or offer to buy her some other foods besides junk.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous

bag of chips $1 bag of apples $4 ... soda $1 milk 3.59 you tell me whats cheaper ... you dont know everything

• MrsJHoward
    Plus if the mom never it's fruits and veggies the children my not like them now! I grew up with very few fruits and veggies, now as an adult I have to force myself to eat them because I don't like them....

Quoting LucyHarper:

So its better off for a family to starve then to eat chips and candy... right. Hungry kids are hungry kids, doesn't matter whats going into their stomachs as long as something is. Sure, fruits and vegetables would have been nice, but now those kids probably wont be getting dinner either. It takes a lot more fruits and vegetables to fill a hungry stomach then it does candy, they did need your help, but you chose to judge instead.

• momo3fgr8tteens
    June 12, 2012 at 5:59 PM

That was your right to make the decision. I probably would have paid for the chips and offered to buy the kids something healthy to drink. At least they would have some food in them.

• momof3jones
    June 12, 2012 at 5:59 PM
    Why not just tell her u would be happy to buy her kids some cearl and milk. it would help. and the kids would at least have something to eat.
  • saltyalley1227
    June 12, 2012 at 6:00 PM
    Yes it's much better for a kid to go to bed hungry than with a Tummy full of snacks.
  • Mandymb
    by Mandymb
    Omg, worst mom ever! Insert major eye roll!
  • Manaroo
    by Manaroo
    Wow, how sad of you. I have paid for other peoples groceries a couple times. I never once even looked into the bags. I could care less what their kids are eating as long as they're not going to bed hungry. Poor kids.
  • LoriAnn87

eye rolling

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts