Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
NDADanceMom
Nearly paid for a mom's groceries... till I saw what she was buying
June 12, 2012 at 5:22 PM

I was at the self pay ringing up at the same time as another mom.  I was alone and she was only a few feet away so I could hear her conversation with her kids.  They were all so excited to get home because they were hungry, hadnt eaten all day.  The conversation got alarmed and the mom was saying her card wasnt working.  I could tell she needed the food and she didnt know what to do.  She was starting to walk out without her food and I was turning around to offer to pay and then I noticed the packed bags, they are clear so I could see they were filled with  chips, soda and candy.  Not one veggie or fruit. 

I decided they didnt need my help after all.

Replies

• ElitestJen
    June 12, 2012 at 5:23 PM
    Ouch.
  • happinessforyou
    June 12, 2012 at 5:23 PM

Not so much.....

• Wendykay1
    June 12, 2012 at 5:38 PM
    Once when i had just finished shopping and was putting my groceries in my car a young woman came up to me with her daughter (im guessing around 4 / 5yrs old) and asked if I could give her a few bucks so she could give buy her daughter mcdonalds. I told her no but that I would be happy to purchase her some groceries at the store. I was struggling at the time but was willing to help her out.

The lady said fu I want the cash. I told her I couldn't help her out then. as they walked away the lady flipped me off and her daughter did the same.

I COULDN'T BELIEVE MY EYES!

• NDADanceMom
    June 12, 2012 at 5:39 PM

Quoting Wendykay1:

Once when i had just finished shopping and was putting my groceries in my car a young woman came up to me with her daughter (im guessing around 4 / 5yrs old) and asked if I could give her a few bucks so she could give buy her daughter mcdonalds. I told her no but that I would be happy to purchase her some groceries at the store. I was struggling at the time but was willing to help her out.

The lady said fu I want the cash. I told her I couldn't help her out then. as they walked away the lady flipped me off and her daughter did the same.

LOL nice lesson to teach her kid!

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1
    June 12, 2012 at 5:41 PM
    Sorry about that. I was having a rough afternoon.

Quoting Wendykay1:

• doodlebut
    June 12, 2012 at 5:41 PM
    She was probably buying crap food cause that's all she could afford. I never knew that helping people came with stipulations based on your approval. Either help or don't, but leave your preferences out of it.
  • mamadrama15
    June 12, 2012 at 5:42 PM

Wow that is absolutely terrible! 

Quoting Wendykay1:

• itzmyzoo
    June 12, 2012 at 5:43 PM
    Poor, hungry kids. If people only helped out on THEIR terms, nobody would help anybody. Sounds snobby to me....
  • mommy_me
    June 12, 2012 at 5:43 PM

o.0

so sad

• Mommavieve
    June 12, 2012 at 5:44 PM
    Wow

Quoting Wendykay1:

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN